Alum Creek boating again

Discussion in 'OHIO LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Rambo, Aug 22, 2007.

1. Rambo

Rambo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    alright! after my brother selling his boat we have been fishing from the banks for a few months, well we just got a new boat and got it on the water- well"laughs' its not a new boat but its new to me, and we are hitting alum creek, we went the other night up in teh shallows and got a few medium ones, tonight we are going to bear the rain and try for some deep water cats, of anyone has any information on where the big boys are biting on alum please reply and let us know, thanks.:hell_boy:

2. Vonroc

Vonroc New Member

State:
    Central Ohio
    Been at Alum a couple of times over the last few weeks nothing over 6lb . It's been slow, as you know the water has dropped quit a bit - high temps haven't helped. If it were me in a boat wanting to fish deeper water I'd head to either side of 36 bridge. The recent rains may have helped with oxygen levels in the water. Prior to the rains catching them deep was tuff. Good luck and hope you catch some big ones.

3. Rambo

Rambo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    yeah weve been out several nights lately and a few days as well, caught a few really nice ones one night after the rain, but deep water produced nothing lately, and actually we did better in the shallows at night.:confused2: