Alum creek blues~

Discussion in 'OHIO LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by snagking, Aug 12, 2008.

1. snagking

snagking New Member

State:
    ohio
    I've been to alum creek pretty regularly this year, from catfishing at night to crappie fishing during the day. where are the big cats hiding lately? i've fished from howard road all the way past cheshire and caught nothing but skinny minnies. havent been to hoover this year due to the horsepower restriction and i'd have to troll everywhere i went. thought about delaware lake... anyone heard anything or now something i don't? ha ha ha.:smile2:

2. capt of the Floater

capt of the Floater New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I'm at hoover most of the time and the biggest I,ve seen personaly was a 15lber. and he was released to fight another day. Also same group of guys got a 16lber. cr as well. there is a bunch of 8-12lbers all over. As for the hp restriction that sucks but i went out and got a 40lb thrust rear trolling motor. It don't set no speed records but it gets the job done.

3. smoothkip25

smoothkip25 New Member

State:
    ohio

Ive been to alum a few times this year caught a few decent channels here and there but last sun. night me and a buddy hit right by the 36 bridge where the pillars come down in the water we had many big runs and bites on 7 to 8 inch bluegills but we ran into many snags and couldnt seal the deal. And we had no patience. due to us wearing shorts and short sleeve tees and freezing our butts off! lol. Can you tell me whats up with this weather?

4. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Never been there.

Welcome to the Boc this site is full of good info and great people

5. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    welcome to the boc.

every one has been having a little difficulty this year,we are having one of those off years i believe

6. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    I've never fished this area yet but sure would like to try it out some time