Alum Creek 5/02/09: Mt Vernon Wins!

Discussion in 'OHIO LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Garrett Cope, May 3, 2009.

1. Garrett Cope

Garrett Cope New Member

State:
    Columbus Ohio
    Went fishing at Alum Creek Lake with JerryB last night. The Gills were difficult to locate but we finally did get 10 or so to use for bait and Jerry decided to start the festivities early by landing his first channel while still baitfishing. The frisky channel hit Jerry's nightcrawler sliver and was off to the races! Jerry later nailed another channel on a small gill and had a few other good runs as well. As for me...another slow night. Didn't even get a decent run. Just the typical "short pull & drop the bait" routine a couple of times. Water temp was pretty warm. I'd guess low to mid Sixties though the air temp dropped rapidly after midnight and we quit around 2 am.
    Final tally : JerryB (The Mt Vernon Master) 2
    Garrett (The Westside Wonder) BIG ZERO

Thanks Jerry for coming out. Always a good time!

Attached Files:

2. RamRod

RamRod New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Way to kick butt Jerry! Thanks for sharing Mr. Zero!:wink:

3. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    Oh my gawd, I was laughing pretty hard so I went back and read it again. I thought you called him the Mt. Vernon MONSTER lol. But it says Master. Whew.

Congrats guys.

4. rcbbracing

rcbbracing New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Congratulations jerry! You didnt miss much at knox lake with us! we caught 12 channels but none were really all that big....mike lost a nice one around 6am tho!

5. jerryb

jerryb New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Dammit, Garrett, you told me you weren't going to put that picture up with me having my eyes closed!!

Was really no competition, guys - Garrett was too busy attending to netting my big fish that he just neglected his rods... by the way, if you ever need a good net guy, give him a call!

He didn't mention that the first cat (the one caught on the bobber with about 1/2" of nightcrawler) tried to bite my thumb off.... Ive still got the scrapes...

No beaver report this time, either... was very quiet night... maybe next time!

6. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Good fishing guys! Nice eye shadow Jerry!:big_smile::crazy: rollo

7. Garrett Cope

Garrett Cope New Member

State:
    Columbus Ohio

8. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    After viewing that first pic I must say that Jerry looks to have a very strong handshake lol.

9. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Gonna have to try that eyes closed fishing method an see if I can land a monster! Good fishing guys,,,

10. jerryb

jerryb New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Garrett's discovered the magic of PhotoShop! lol

11. jerryb

jerryb New Member

State:
    Ohio

12. jerryb

jerryb New Member

State:
    Ohio
    That's the pic of the li'l sumbitch that tried to take my thumb off.... I had to show him who was boss!

13. Garrett Cope

Garrett Cope New Member

State:
    Columbus Ohio

14. Garrett Cope

Garrett Cope New Member

State:
    Columbus Ohio
    Next thing Jerry will be be claiming he caught 15 pounders and i shrunk 'em with my photoshop magic. (i'm clueless w/that stuff btw..and i never hold them close to the lens or use a wide angle lens....honest...:wink: )