Altus Reservoir

Discussion in 'OKLAHOMA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by TDawgNOk, Aug 15, 2005.

1. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Greer County, 18 miles N of Altus, OK
    6,260 acres
    Shoreline: 49 miles

Quail, waterfowl, turkey, crow and predator species are available for hunting. Trout and a variety of other species are available for fishermen.

2. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    A rough map of Altus Reservoir

Attached Files:

3. NoodlingOkie

NoodlingOkie New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    ;) Ok, ya'll are mistaken, the Altus Resevoir is in Altus, in Jackson County. Lake Altus-Lugert Or Quartz Mountain Lake is 18 miles N. of Altus.

4. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    I go along with the noodler. I was the Army Recruiter in Altus upon my return from 'Nam. First lake I fished... caught this thing that I thought was a bass, when I lipped it I found out it wasn't. What in the world are they thinking of, stocking fish in Oklahoma lakes with teeth. MAN, I walked on water that day.

5. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    I had an uncle in Sentinel, and we used to go down every couple of years. I don't remember much about catching fish there, but we had a lot of fun splashing around in the water.

6. NoodlingOkie

NoodlingOkie New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    ;) Yea, Funny, its lake Altus. I've lived in Altus for 19 years, I know. There is a resevoir in the City Limits of Altus, The Altus Resevoir! The body of water in Altus is the resevoir! Yea AwShucks, your either talking about walleye, or google eye, but if it was the resevoir in Altus, it was google eye. They have yellow eyes? They both have teeth.

7. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    I have no idea as to which species it was. BUT, it did make me stop bass fishing for quite a while. Guess that's when I got heavily turned on to cats.

8. caatstalker

caatstalker New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    we could use some of them leaches fer cat bait huh lol have a day