1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Gathering Monitor (Instigator)
3,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greer County, 18 miles N of Altus, OK
6,260 acres
Shoreline: 49 miles

Quail, waterfowl, turkey, crow and predator species are available for hunting. Trout and a variety of other species are available for fishermen.

·
Registered
4,527 Posts
I go along with the noodler. I was the Army Recruiter in Altus upon my return from 'Nam. First lake I fished... caught this thing that I thought was a bass, when I lipped it I found out it wasn't. What in the world are they thinking of, stocking fish in Oklahoma lakes with teeth. MAN, I walked on water that day.

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
I had an uncle in Sentinel, and we used to go down every couple of years. I don't remember much about catching fish there, but we had a lot of fun splashing around in the water.

·
Registered
31 Posts
;) Yea, Funny, its lake Altus. I've lived in Altus for 19 years, I know. There is a resevoir in the City Limits of Altus, The Altus Resevoir! The body of water in Altus is the resevoir! Yea AwShucks, your either talking about walleye, or google eye, but if it was the resevoir in Altus, it was google eye. They have yellow eyes? They both have teeth.

·
Registered
4,527 Posts
I have no idea as to which species it was. BUT, it did make me stop bass fishing for quite a while. Guess that's when I got heavily turned on to cats.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.