altone dam

Discussion in 'ILLINOIS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by slikk03, Sep 19, 2009.

1. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    this is my 3rd time to the dam , i here blues caght all day, ive caght one, 2 weeks back today, nothing, fished twelve hours, wshats wrong, if any bodys regulers, pm me ill be there some,i fish the ill side from the bank, by the end of the wall, with cut bait but bad results

2. Branj796

Branj796 Member

State:
    Illinois
    Fish the heavy current and make sure you take big weights. I would go where the Missouri and Missippi come together.

3. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    I have never fished there . Hear it is brutal from bank . Might have to try it out now that I got a bigger boat .

4. catinaldatime

catinaldatime New Member

State:
    Girard, IL
    waz just there yesterday,people r using asian carp like crazy,see when they open the gates there is alot of current,like yesterday they had the gates were opend on the other end,where u were fishing there is no current,now when they open the gates right next to the rocks and the currents rushing out of there ur good.and the river is very low,last year u were fishing in the parking lot,no joke,now u have to walk down a 30 foot rock bank:big_smile:there is a bait shop called bluff city check it out sometime look at the pics on the wall,them catfish r huge 100 pounders plus.