Alton Report... No Better

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by TN Greg, Apr 7, 2008.

1. TN Greg

TN Greg Member

State:
    MO
    I wish I could have made it to the tourney, but everything is last minute these days. I ended up putting in at Alton with all the snaggers on Saturday. Fished hard for about 6 hours with nothing to show....not even a bite. Deep, shallow, current, no current -- about 10 different spots in all.

I spoke to another gentlemen when we were taking out and he had 6 fish, the largest 55 lbs. Said he experienced the same thing on the Mississippi -- no fish. Then went up the Missouri and found them stacked up on a 15 ledge.

Perhaps the water wasn't dropping on the Missouri.......I don't know.

2. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    No need to beat yourself up Greg, let us do it for you! LMAO!!!!!!:smile2:

Hey, fishing conditions are tough right now and more than a few good fishermen are getting skunked. When the river settles down a bit and warms up just a tad bit more I think it will improve greatly!

But........isn't that what we ALWAYS say?:wink: That is what gives the fisherman HOPE, they'll be putting on the feedbag NEXT TIME!

There is always a NEXT TIME so there is always HOPE. Thats what keeps it exciting even when the bite is SLOW!

Have FUN Fishing!:big_smile:

3. poopdeck [patrick]

poopdeck [patrick] New Member

State:
    ofallon il
    I looked at the long range weather forecast and it looks like a cold front is comming in saturday. That really sucks, but these long range forecast are not that good, maybe it will not come untill sunday. I myself do not have the bucks to fish the tourney but I was hoping to come to the weigh in and admire the fish.:big_smile:

4. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO

Hopefully well have some fish for you to admire Patrick. If history repeats itself, your free to olgle Grump and I's One Pound Monster Creel :smile2:

5. Seth

Seth Active Member

State:
    Owensville, MO
    I was down there below Alton amongst all the snaggers Saturday. It was a blast trying to reduce the number of carp in the river.

Man that place stinks to high heaven from all those dead carp piled up though. :eek:oooh:

6. eflow

eflow New Member

State:
    IL.
    Patrick cold front on the night before or day of one of my tournaments is nothing new, last year 5 out of 6 tournaments had a cold front hit the evening before or morning of each tournament. We only had one tournament two tournaments last with total weights over 100lbs. Last year's total weights were down overall through out the year.

7. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    We hope to change that for you Justin :wink:

8. eflow

eflow New Member

State:
    IL.
    I think this year is going to be a little different if the river would just stay stable for awhile but if the gates at melvin price don't come down soon i'm afraid its going to be a repeat of last year this Sat. Hopfully you guys will prove me wrong:wink::big_smile:.

9. poopdeck [patrick]

poopdeck [patrick] New Member

State:
    ofallon il
    I went to a weigh in at alton last year where some one caught a 80 lb blue. I am hoping to see his big brother sat.:smile2: