Alton First timer--looking for hints

Discussion in 'ILLINOIS RIVERS TALK' started by Booky, Aug 5, 2009.

1. Booky

Booky New Member

State:
    illinois
    Hello all,
    First time on the boards. I am normally an upstate Illinois and Mississippi fisher near Quincy IL. I am making a weekend trip to Alton IL to try my luck on some blues. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated or local bait ships to swap stories would be great too. I found the name of a Bluff City Bait shop I was planning on stopping by and checking out.

Right now on the Illinois the cats are biting good, how are they doing down south?

Thanks for any help and maybe see you on the big muddy!

Booky

2. 1 catbuster

1 catbuster New Member

State:
    Union Mo
    the fishing is good in Alton but i need to know in bank or boat

3. alton

alton New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Welcome to the BOC from Alton, IL. I also need to know if you are bank or boat fishing. I only bank fish, and know nothing about the boat fishing. Plenty of guys on here do and will help you. I will tell you Bluff City Tackle is the only place worth your time if your bank or boat fish. Good luck.

4. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Welcome to the BOC Booky.

5. SGTREDNECK

SGTREDNECK New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Welcome to the BOC Booky

6. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    go below the dam, and make long cast , in the channel, with big bloody cutbaits, stock up on weghts , you will lose em all, skipjacks your best bet, also the mo side is better but more snags, use any were from a 2 to 10 oz sinker, ill be there next week