Alton dam

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by Rockin' Blues, May 18, 2006.

1. Rockin' Blues

Rockin' Blues New Member

State:
    st.louis mo.
    I'm going to the confluence saturday,and put in at melvin price probanly going to fish the mississippi from were the missouri meets it up to the alton dam,anyone having any luck here,going to try some skipjack probably trying wing dykes and looking for some holes,maybe by the dam but the currents pretty fast now.

2. ultima_cat_man

ultima_cat_man New Member

State:
    granite city, ill
    i havent been out in my boat yet, so i cant tell you where to catch them. post and let us know how you did cause im planing on going sunday. sunday river level should be holding level at 10.2 so hopefully the bite is good. tim

3. Fishhead1

Fishhead1 Member

State:
    Illinois
    Name:
    Eric
    Few of us fished yesterday (Thurs) 9am-4pm. We tried from the dam to all the way below the confluence of the Miss. and Missouri. No real bites to speak of, 1 small channel cat late in the day.

Current behind the dam is ripping, 13 oz of lead and still 70 yards of line to get down in 30-40 ft of water. The wind sucked too.

Still, I got to take off work and take my buddy out who's back from a year in Iraq. The highlight of the day was some beer and him catching a 4 ft long Lake Sturgeon (15-20lbs).

Maybe low light (morning, evening, night) is the way to go or maybe that little coldfront shut them down. Supposedly it has been pretty good lately. There's a tournament this weekend, we'll see how they do.

4. dcmust

dcmust New Member

State:
    missouri
    Going to the damn this saturday. Fishing from damn down to Missouri river.Will post results.