Altamaha tournament results?

Discussion in 'GEORGIA RIVERS TALK' started by Cuda-Cada, Aug 24, 2008.

1. Cuda-Cada

Cuda-Cada Member

State:
    Jacksonville, Fl.
    Just wondering if anyone fished or knows any results from the tournament in Wayne county this past the other day. Thanks...

2. altamahajon

altamahajon New Member

State:
    Jesup, Georgia
    Well my wife came in from work today telling me that whom ever it was...... that they had caught the 1 flattie 1 gar and 1 bowfin. The flattie was 40 lbs, the gar was 20+ lbs and dont know the weight of the bowfin. Will find out the exact results and post them.

AJ
    Greg

3. Fivebraids

Fivebraids New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Here's a (not too detailed) link to the prize winners: link

And here's a link to a slide show: link

The grand prize winner "only" had a total of 56.10 pounds with five fish! Sounds like several of the regulars here could have done better'n that! :wink:

- Marty -

4. altamahajon

altamahajon New Member

State:
    Jesup, Georgia
    Those links are from the Catfish Touney they had a few months ago. Dont think they have posted anything on the Grand Slam yet. However thanks for the link. Hope to get out there this weekend sometime. Water level is up 2.7 this afternoon and predicted to go to 5.5

Greg
    AJ

5. Fivebraids

Fivebraids New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Ooops, my bad. I didn't see any date info, so I assumed...:embarassed:

We're debating hitting the river this weekend...but I'm thinking it'll be a bit crowded cuz of the holiday. Although, the much higher water level is appealing... Good luck if you go...be sure to post.

- Marty -

6. altamahajon

altamahajon New Member

State:
    Jesup, Georgia
    As read from The Press Sentinel---- Wayne Counties News Paper

Brought in nearly 100 participants despite the weather conditions.

The top prizes a total of $4000.00 went to a team from Vidalia, Ga. Greg and Jack Foskey. They caught the largest poundage in the three other categories Catfish Mudfish and Gar being 47.44 pounds. They also won $1000.00 for largest catfish 40.08 pounds and $1000.00 for largest mudfish at 4.62 pounds.

Eddie Hudson won $1000.00 for largest Gar at 9.2 pounds.

There were $300.00 prizes for the largest fish caught by a woman and a child won by Tonya Yeomans and Robert Crew Jr. respectively Yeomans Caught a 39.32 pound catfish and Crews caught a 24.06 pound catfish.

The Foskeys said they caught theres approx 8 miles down from Jaycee Landing.

County Administrator Mike Deal said that if the weather had not been so bad that the turn would have had allot more participants and he is looking forward to the tournament next year.

Greg AJ

7. Cuda-Cada

Cuda-Cada Member

State:
    Jacksonville, Fl.
    Thanks Greg,
    Sounds like there were some nice fish caught. I have caught some big mudfish at my bait hole lately. Guess I have a mudfish hole for next year....:wink: