Altamaha River

Discussion in 'GEORGIA RIVERS TALK' started by WestVaMan, Jul 19, 2008.

1. WestVaMan

WestVaMan New Member

State:
    Okinawa Japan
    Can anyone point me to a good spot on the Altamaha for flatheads?

2. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    South of Jaycee Landing and North of Altamaha Park has produced the highest sampling rates from the GA DNR.

3. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    Hey Paul whats the boating situation on the Alt?? can I run a fiberglass boat with a no trim johnson 88 safely??:crazy: I gotta get away from lanier for a while Im loosing my catfish fever :embarassed:

4. altamahajon

altamahajon New Member

State:
    Jesup, Georgia
    I caught this 30 lb flathead last night around 11 p.m. from a sandbar on a Shakespeare Bait caster, 8 ft. heavy action pole, 6/0 Circle hook, 30 lb test approx 1.5 - 2.0 miles up from Jaycee. I have heard that there is more abundance and larger Flatheads South a few miles from Jaycee Landing in Wayne Co. This is now my personal best from 16 and 20 lb caught on jugs in a lake.

I can,t thank enough ArmyCatfish and Dustin enough for meeting us down there. We had a blast and learn alot from two young men with alot of experience. This is what sport fishing is all about. Teaching others and leading by example. True sportsman ship.

5. hoth2o

hoth2o New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Very nice fish there Greg.:smile2:

6. WestVaMan

WestVaMan New Member

State:
    Okinawa Japan
    Ive lived in GA for around 7 years and STILL havent fished this river. Looks like I have to get up around that way soon. Just got a new Shimano Baitrunner 6500B on a Offshore Angler rod that needs to get used. Ive heard about some boc member meetings that take place on this river, any truth to that?

7. altamahajon

altamahajon New Member

State:
    Jesup, Georgia
    Just had a gathering in Glynn Co. just south of Jesup last month. Had a great time met some great folks, good food, fellowship. Hated that you missed it.

There is some talk now of having another type of Ga. Gathering Centrally located in Ga. Keep reading the input from the Georgia Catfishing and Local Talk and IDEA. You can keep posted.

AJ