Altamaha River Trip- 8-16-08

Discussion in 'GEORGIA RIVERS TALK' started by Cuda-Cada, Aug 17, 2008.

1. Cuda-Cada

Cuda-Cada Member

State:
    Jacksonville, Fl.
    Got up to the river about 9:30am yesterday. While running downstream, stopped off to meet Greg(Altamaha Jon) and his family. Talked with them for a bit before heading on.
    Caught some good bait and then rested a bit since I had worked the night before. Turned out to be a pretty good night of fishing. Lots of bites that seemed to be either channels or flatheads. Ended up with six flatheads and one channel cat. Five of the flatheads and the channel were under 10 pounds but one flathead was 27 pounds. Good nature viewing also. Saw a bald eagle and lots of gators when I was running back to the landing in the morning. Even had a hummingbird buzzing around me at about 3 feet while I was catching bait. Seems the tree I was tied to had a bunch of flowers it was interested in.

2. Fishmaster1203

Fishmaster1203 New Member

State:
    PA
    Sounds like you had a great trip. Can't wait to fish the Altamaha again.

3. Fivebraids

Fivebraids New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Bob,

Sounds like you had a great time...congrats on the flatties!

One of these days we'd like to hook up with you and learn how you travel and fish that river at night...maybe even go out with you some night and get some lines wet!

Thanks for the update...
    - Marty -

4. Plowboy411

Plowboy411 New Member

State:
    Georgia
    it's about time for me to get out there and try my luck at one of them big kitty cats.LOL

5. creekrunnerpca123

creekrunnerpca123 New Member

State:
    georgia
    hey dude,that a nice fish,the bait you use ,is it live brim

6. Cuda-Cada

Cuda-Cada Member

State:
    Jacksonville, Fl.
    Thanks guys. Yes, they were all taken on small to medium bream.