Altamaha River blue catfish

Discussion in 'GEORGIA RIVERS TALK' started by roundhill, Apr 16, 2007.

1. roundhill

roundhill New Member

State:
    kings mtn
    can someone give me info on how the blue catfishing on the river is are they a lot or just every now an then ore can i target them i know thear are a lot of flatheads coming down for a few days look forward for any info thanks in advance. ron howard

2. Cuda-Cada

Cuda-Cada Member

State:
    Jacksonville, Fl.
    Ron,
    I have a friend that works for the Waycross DNR office. His name is Don Harrison. You can call him at 912-285-6094. He can send you maps of the river and also give you more information on blues in the Altamaha. From what I have heard, there are some blues starting to show up in the upper reaches of the Altamaha. I think they are still few in numbers but you should catch plenty of channels and flatheads in between. Good luck...

3. sharkn1979

sharkn1979 New Member

State:
    georgia
    i catch a few blue but have not found a big concentration, i catch most of my blues useing cut eel

4. Gator

Gator New Member

State:
    Ludowici GA
    There is a few but if you want to target them I would look into the Canooche

5. georgia_hunter

georgia_hunter New Member

State:
    Georgia
    I caught one the other day right where the rivers come together that weighed about 8 lbs. Thats the biggest blue I have personally seen around here. I was tld that they would take over and even kill out the flat heads one day, but I find that really hard to believe..