Altamaha River- 5/28/06

Discussion in 'GEORGIA RIVERS TALK' started by Cuda-Cada, May 29, 2006.

1. Cuda-Cada

Cuda-Cada Member

State:
    Jacksonville, Fl.
    Well, after calling Jim(Gator) yesterday and him talking to me while fishing, I decided to put off some chores and head to the river myself.
    I got to the river a little later and started catching bait around 6 pm. Caught about 35 nice baits-redbreast and bream. I even caught a huge shellcracker that was almost a foot long and weighed 1 pound 1 ounce. Too big a bait for my preference so I turned that one loose.
    I fished all night and ended up catching 6 flatheads. 2 under 10 pounds, 3 between 15 and 18 pounds, and a monster that weighed 62 pounds. What an incredible fish and what a fight it put up! Keep it alive and healthy in a duck decoy bag and took some pictures back at the landing(Jaycees). There was quite a ruckus when I turned it loose back into the river.
    Ms. Pat took a picture of me with the fish and put it up on the board inside in case you local guys want to see it.

2. DeerHunter01

DeerHunter01 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Congratulations Cuda-Cada, you almost broke that state record by 5 pounds. I am sure you guys will break that record soon there. Just make sure if you see Paul down there don't show him where the fish is, cause he will try and break that record and beat all of us in this years BOC Fish off.

3. Baitkiller

Baitkiller New Member

State:
    Akron, Ohio
    WOW, WOW OMG!!

Congrats

I'm planning on comin down.

4. DeerHunter01

DeerHunter01 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Steve is this the same section you fish in. I was at this location two weeks ago for a fish tournament and it is great water, I will be back down there sometime in July fishing that river system with Paul. Lots of nice flatheads coming out of that stretch of water. and lots of snakes too..lol :eek:oooh:

5. Baitkiller

Baitkiller New Member

State:
    Akron, Ohio
    DH never been there yet. My brother came up from Atlanta and fished the Ohio River. Now its time I go down there and fish with him there in GA. I have Fished the Coosa River area(s) but want to hit this river big time.

Opinion: NE GA is not real good at this time for Flats.

6. Jack Herber

Jack Herber New Member

State:
    Woodstock, GA
    My heart felt congrats and thank you for the "CPR". That big boy needs to be in the gene pool.

7. eagleclaw22

eagleclaw22 New Member

State:
    Georgia
    i have never fish this river(altamaha) so where should i put in at?? and from that location where would some good spots be??? tired of catching lake fish. i want some of those 50,60,70 pound flatheads.

8. Gator

Gator New Member

State:
    Ludowici GA
    Cuda you have got to show me those holes now I need to put a big one in my boat.

9. qball

qball New Member

State:
    Odum, Ga
    I might need to find some new holes.