Altamaha is STILL too high, but we have to fish!

Discussion in 'LOCAL GEORGIA TALK' started by Fivebraids, Apr 24, 2009.

1. Fivebraids

Fivebraids New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Good thing we have a pond on our property! :0a10:

When we're out fishing and catch any small channels, (too small for Denise to mess with cleaning), we've been tossing them in the pond. We've been doing that for the last two years...with the biggest channel we've put in there being WAY LESS THAN A POUND.

Well, Denise and I are really craving some fishing, and with the Altamaha still at flood stage, we decided to set up our fire pit next to the pond, the rod holders in the dirt, and do some fishing this past weekend.

Here's a shot of one of those "little" less than a pound channels we've been throwing in our pond:

IMAGE_394.jpg

I can't believe that this fish put on over FOUR POUNDS in less than two years:

IMAGE_392.jpg

And finally, here's a shot of Denise sending the channel back into the water:

IMAGE_395.jpg

Let's see just how big it gets! :0a23:

Our pond is holding us over until the river comes down a little. And we've also been studying maps and reading posts about Santee. Think we might be heading up north in the next week or two to see what that place is all about.

- Marty -

2. Creteus

Creteus New Member

State:
    Loganville, GA
    I'll have to say that you 2 are cheating:amazed:. Those are twice caught fish:smile2:

3. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    Marty thats a small piece of heaven right there. One of them check the box life achievements every man needs.

Life Checks:

___ Fast Car

___ Parachuting

___ Alaska

>>>>>>>> Pond with your own catfish :wink:

4. Fivebraids

Fivebraids New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Well then Matt, I guess I shouldn't post a picture when we catch that channel the next time. It'll be thrice caught then...and maybe over ten pounds by then too!! :0a10::0a10:

Yeah Paul, when we were searching out property for our move to Georgia, a stockable pond was right up there near the top of the list of must-haves...don't remember if it was before or after the pool. We got both! :0a1:

As for your Life Checks (or bucket list as I call it)

Fast Car: Been there, done that MANY MANY times, with two and four wheels!

Parachuting: I wanted to, when I was younger and braver/crazier. But now a days, I don't see the point of jumping out a perfectly good plane...:0a13:

Alaska: I'm TOTALLY with ya on that one! I wanna spend a few weeks up there fishing before I 'kick the bucket'! I have close friends in Saskatoon that I'll be fishing with in the not too distant future...but it's not the same as Alaska!

- Marty -

5. stumpjumper

stumpjumper New Member

State:
    Dallas, GA
    That's great Marty! They sure did pack on the pounds!

6. BassMassey

BassMassey Well-Known Member

State:
    Oconee
    nice channel cat marty............I think ya'll forgot a very important life achievement.........the one about a bottle of purple mad dog 20/20, a room at the hotel 6, and a cheap date........

7. AlaCatter

AlaCatter New Member

State:
    alabama
    Now I have an idea for those hyperdermic finned fingerlings that get caught in my cast net, not being able to eat a fish that just drew blood because it's too small totally blows. I just have to talk the wife into a backhoe and a case of dynamite, any want to help remove some stumps.:roll_eyes:

8. Fishmaster1203

Fishmaster1203 New Member

State:
    PA
    Nice lookin south Georgia pond Marty.

9. chambers bd

chambers bd New Member

State:
    Sautee,Geo
    Thats a whale of a fish dont let the Paul and arron know where it is or they might camp out till it empty, lol!

You ever hear anything about the anchor winch?
    Brian

10. Fivebraids

Fivebraids New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Hey man, I ain't worried...both of them, and YOU, are welcome to come down this way any time and fish in our pond. It's little, and we'll run outta fish in a day or two. But I know several rivers that have plenty to restock the pond with! :0a18:

I've found the anchor winch I want. Now all I need is to sell my smaller boat so I can afford to buy the winch!

Here's a link to the ad:

http://www.catfish1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=109434

You outta be a good dad and buy this for Joppa...he'll luv you for it!

Help a brother out...:0a35:

- Marty -