Altamaha bank fishing--

Discussion in 'LOCAL GEORGIA TALK' started by rangercatman, Oct 6, 2006.

1. rangercatman

rangercatman Member

State:
    Cameron, NC
    I'm Planning on doing some bank fishing for flat's & wondered If anyone could recomend a spot- from Jaycees on down, that I can park/ camp & do some fishin- I usually rent a boat from the base & set up shop on a sand bar - I havent ventured past the --paddleboat & jaycees landing. I keep hearing about morgan lake though. I want to camp & catch some flats without a boat any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks
    :big_smile:

2. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    First of all welcome to the BOC Dave as for fishing the altamaha we have quite a few members down that way I am sure they will give you some pointers shortly I haven't had much luck down there but they are their

3. richard dunbar

richard dunbar New Member

State:
    Washington
    dont now yet bro but i'm workin on it:big_smile:

4. rangercatman

rangercatman Member

State:
    Cameron, NC
    Thanks guys... look foward to the info

5. richard dunbar

State:
    Washington
    I just got the word fm the "boss" that theres a couple places there but some you have to hike to, so he said the easiest place is right at the bridge in Jessup by the docks. I'm trying it sunday.

6. BassMassey

BassMassey Well-Known Member

State:
    Oconee
    whats up everyone, I live near the oconnee area and am all about catching some flats. I beleive I'm only a couple of hours from where you guys are talking about. I would love to plan a little spring time fishing trip, overnight, or two nights.....sound like an idea??

7. richard dunbar

State:
    Washington
    got skunked but i think it was my fault. I did'nt have enough weight to hold it down. I was using 4 oz and then I used 2 four ozers and still wouldnt hold it still. so 8 oz total is still not enough. Now that particular part of the river is real thin so the water moves thruogh there pretty quick, might not be as bad farther up or down stream where the river gets wide. Good luck

8. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    You really do not want to fish for flats in current anyway. You want to find breaks in the current like anything behind obstruction that can slack off the current. That is primarily where you will find the flatheads. Its hard catching fish in fast current and more times than none you will get the surface type of fish in those areas like stripers.