Alright, where they at?

Discussion in 'TEXAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by hillcountryfishin, Nov 24, 2007.

1. hillcountryfishin

hillcountryfishin New Member

State:
    tx
    Alright, where they biting at? Been gone for a week freezing my tail off chasing deer in WI and wondering what's going on?:big_smile:
    Hopefully everyone is loading the boat and having some good times...I should be on the water later this week and give a report but question is...where they at?:tounge_out:

2. jsharper

jsharper New Member

State:
    TX
    On the rip rap-10-15ft

3. coolarrow2

coolarrow2 New Member

State:
    Texas
    I don't know now that we got all this cold rain but friday I was catching the cats mixed in with stripers, whites, and largemouth on crank baits off the rip rap. They were on then. I'll have to check they out next weekend.

4. fshnutz

fshnutz New Member

State:
    Sacramento California
    I can tell you about a dozen places where they aren't at if that helps!:smile2:
    Linz:wink:

5. GMC FishHauler

GMC FishHauler New Member

State:
    Waco, Texas, Un
    i been catchin blues between 30 and 40' channels in less than 15 but we chummed really hard first so i have no clue. One thing i have noticed is that we are catching alot of channels while drifting for blues, and i dont know why!

6. Luke Clayton

Luke Clayton New Member

State:
    Texas
    Cliff, I fished last week with your fellow CATFISH GOLD MAGAZINE PRO STAFFER AND OUR BUDDY GEORGE RULE AT TAWAKONI. WE WERE USING DANNY KINGS CATFISH PUNCH BAIT UNDER A CORMORANT ROOST TREE IN TWENTY FEET OF WATER. WE HAMMERED THE 'EATER' FISH UP TO ABOUT FOUR POUNDS. THE BIG ONES ARE HITTING DRIFTED CUT SHAD AND DK BAIT AROUND THE MID LAKE HUMPS. FOLKS THAT DON'T FISH NOW ARE, PARDON THE PUN, 'MISSING THE BOAT'.. HOW DID YOUR DEER HUNT GO? LUKE CLAYTON

7. hillcountryfishin

hillcountryfishin New Member

State:
    tx
    Thanks Luke. My hunt went well, missed a good un' opening morning at about 125 yrds (little too far with my slug gun)...settled for a nice doe and a great pelt I brought home to have tanned. Really thick pretty coat off of them northern deer. Ready to get back to some cattin'
    Tight Lines
    Cliff

8. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    Cliff glad to hear ur hunt went well, too bad u didnt bag the big un, but there's always next time!!!