Alright old timers..Fill us in!!

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by ultramindbrk, Jan 14, 2010.

1. ultramindbrk

ultramindbrk New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I am almways begging a buddy of mine to give me his super secret recipe for home-made tarter sauce..He just won't give it up!! So maybe some of you guys would be willing to share one or some of your favorites with us to try.. Maybe a recipe I can make him beg ME for :laugh1:!! lol ...I am dying to drown some bait,but until then,we can fry up some stuff we caught over the past year and try out some new sauces and dream about the upcoming yr of fishin! I know some of you guys that have been around the block and back have got some good stuff..please pass on the knowledge !! :)

Last edited: Jan 14, 2010
  2. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Next to the top shelf on isle#9 in wally world is the secret recipe i use.:Happy:

3. ultramindbrk

ultramindbrk New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Lol..My apologies for the retarded post..It was late and I was sleepy and I was bored.. :embarrassed:

4. opposum

opposum Active Member

State:
    Missouri
    I'd eat crappie or catfish. They don't need tarter sauce. :laugh1: Sorry no recipe.

5. ultramindbrk

ultramindbrk New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Don't need it I agree..But if you ate my buddies home made sauce,ohhh man..Good eatin!

6. Welder

Welder New Member

State:
    Missouri
    2 cups real mayo, 1 table spoon reg dill relish, 1 tea spoon mustard, and to give it that lil somthen somthen 1/4 cup sour cream, add a lil salt if ya want mix well and dip catfish nuggets pippen hot off the cooker. I mix this every time I fry fish lol. Good excuse to buy Mayo in the gallon plastic jugs with lids. When ya get all the mayo used up keep the container for frezzen bait they work awsome and stack nice in a freezer.

7. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    Mmmmmm, I am going to try that

8. ultramindbrk

ultramindbrk New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Welder..Just so you know..You are a huge asset to the BOC..If to no one else..You have helped me in more ways than you will ever know bud! Thanks alot for your contribution to the catfishing community!

9. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    Mine is about like Troys.(and I will try his)

I use about 2 cups real mayo, 1/4 to 1/2 cup sweet relish,if you like lemon juice and a little hot sause add that too.Salt & pepper to taste.I have even added a tbs garlic salt.

10. fridaybocopw

fridaybocopw New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Trade you buddy some fish for some tartar sauce. Id trade a lot of things for some catfish.

11. SHOWME

SHOWME Well-Known Member

State:
    Nixa, Mo
    2 cups mayo,little lemon juice,little hot sauce, little minced onion, little minced home made bread and butter pickles, little juice from the bread and butter pickles, salt and pepper to taste, put in frig for awhile to cool and marry the flavors and ENJOY:Happy:

12. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    :time-out:Tim, the only thing retarded is you posted in the wrong section! lol
    Here's the real deal buddy, your friend will be sucking up to you for your recipe, but don't give in, make him beg! Then don't give it up..lol

:bowl:
    1 cup Mayonnaise
    1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
    1 large Dill Pickle, cut into pieces
    1/4 small Onion
    1 large Egg, hard boiled, quartered
    1 Tbsp Capers, drained
    1 tsp Chives, snipped
    1 tsp ground red pepper flakes.

Use real mayonnaise not miracle whip, don't skip the capers, this may be the only thing you use them for, but they keep.

13. ultramindbrk

ultramindbrk New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Have no idea what capers are..But a little googlin,not noodlin :laugh1: ..And I am sure I will find out quick..Thanks all for the good recipes..I will get around to trying a few real soon! Got some cats in the freezer and they are dying to be eatin!