Alright, if no one else is going to say it....

Discussion in 'Bowhunting' started by smhmc6, Sep 6, 2008.

1. smhmc6

smhmc6 Member

State:
    Kansas
    If no one else is going to say it, I will. Don't know what the weather in the other parts of the country is doing but here is Kansas, it has been down the the sixties and fifties for the last week, they say its that hurricane or something. Been shooting my bow to get back in practice, but the weather has really sort of flipped a switch for me. I'm ready to hit the woods hard:smile2:. Its only early September and I'm sure it will warm back up again, but the weather makes me feel like fall is in the air. Season opens the 22nd here, which is early for Kansas, and I'm getting that fever. Any one else feeling the same way?

2. bigcatmaniac

bigcatmaniac New Member

State:
    California Miss
    Yep, sure do. I thought that i was the only one that felt that way. Been getting the bug ever since the temp dropped. I set two more blinds up today and even sat in my stand this evening just to see if anything would come by. Season opens the 15th here, i cant wait!!!

3. CopeMan

CopeMan New Member

State:
    MO
    I hear ya guys its enough to drive ya crazy. Man the weather sure is nice. Can wait to start seein the frost on the ground though. Hope we have a cooler deer season the last year. Opening weekend i was in jeans and a tshirt:confused2: Well good luck to yall.

4. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    I need to paper tune my bow and start shooting some. Looks like we're gonna have a good acorn crop this year and i'm ready to spend some time in the timber. I keep having these fantasies of seein my name in Pope & Young. Prolly never happen, but theres a chance. I made BC last year with 164 5/8 and hopefully he wasn't the only one there.

5. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    This weather has got me pumped!!!! Just got my new bow set up and am ready to go. It starts in MO the 15 of september so I don't have long to wait. Good luck all!!

6. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    It don't start till October here.. Guess it's about time to clean the cobwebs off my bow and round up the rest of my stuff.. I might even get lucky this year and get close enough to actually take a shot..

7. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    man yall are lucky, i have to wait till sep 27th. went dove hunting yesterday morning, and you could see your breath. the teal are already here, and some of the other ducks are starting to filter in. i'd much rather hunt in the cold than in the heat, hopefully we will have some cooler weather this bow season. last year the skeeters drank me dry. i still got a deer, but i was dripping sweat by the time i got out with it and i looked like i had chicken pox!

8. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    Yeah! Definently feels like fall is in the air! Highs in the 60's and lows dipping down into the 40's. Man! I have the itch too. I need to hang my stands too. Seems like every weekend is booked with something else. There is plenty of time. I like December the best for deer hunting. Always had my best luck then. Today I'm going to fling a few arrows with my friend and keep everything in tune for the season.

GUYS AND GALS. Have a great season of hunting and I hope you get those tags filled with some great deer and put some meat in the freezer!!!:wink:

9. switchback

switchback New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Yeah im ready too ive been shooting for about a month now and still got to wait til oct 1st to go if its not too hot. The only problem i have in october is that its decently cool in the evening and im torn between catchin more fish and bowhunting. Either way im ready and waiten GOOD LUCK ALL

10. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    I got my Hoyt down off the wall yesterday, and the stinkin thing had blew up hanging there. I'll get a string put on it friday after work. Been helpin a neighbor and his boy set a youth bow up. We had to redneck press it on a couple planks earlier to lengthen the draw length on it. I'm weak and glad he's quick with his hands:crazy: Good luck everyone, but i still thinks it's way warm, ain't seen any new hooks yet either, but i'm sure they're starting.

11. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    Hey John, once I get myself moved and settled in I can get me a Missouri bow license.. So if I head down your way one weekend ,ya gonna take me huntin..

12. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Nothing would tickle me more Harold. Promise i'll put ya in the best spot i got. Hung a stand yesterday, got another tree ready and found another spot that looks better than either.

13. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    Does it have a elevator.. I've always hunted on the ground.. Never tried a stand before..

14. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Not an elevator but i can get you into a stand. Or, we can put ya up a ground blind. First deer i ever likked with a bow, i was on the ground walking to the truck.

15. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    I just started bow hunting last year.. Seen some nice deer that got within gun range but not close enough for the bow.. I'm getting one this year if I gotta move to the woods and build a homestead..

16. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    bowhunting is another story. Sometimes when I'm out there and there is a good buck 70-80 yds away and it would be a slam dunk with a rifle. I'm thinking what am I doing with a stick and string. But when you finally get one and you have gotten over buck fever, you know why bowhunting is the best:cool2:

17. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    Thats why I chose the bow.. Anybody can get a deer with a rifle.. It's all about the challenge.. Things never did interest me unless there was a challenge to it.. Made life interesting at times..

18. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Scent control and stand placement is much more critically demanding if your gonna be a successful bowhunter. I enjoy shooting my 270, but also love to bowhunt. I know for a fact a good bowhunter can usually put the smack down on some deer. Usually spends more time scouting and spending time in the woods. I'm gettin more pumped by the day, and pray for cooler temps.

19. opposum

opposum Active Member

State:
    Missouri
    Just reading all the posts and feeling the cool air is getting me in the mood. I may start messing with my bow tomorrow.

20. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    It's time:wink: