Almost went fishing.

Discussion in 'LOCAL NORTH CAROLINA TALK' started by C_wernett, Mar 11, 2006.

1. C_wernett

C_wernett New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    This is an odd post...mostly because it's not a report as to how I did, but wondering if anyone is heading out toward the Cape Fear that could use a tag-a-long tomorrow, or would like someone to show them a couple of spots. I've gotten totally punked this weekend by two different people already. I'm just venting a little, so please bare with me here. But I feel that if you make plans with someone and can't keep those plans, or aren't serious about those plans, then maybe you shouldn't make plans, or at the very least have the courtesy to let the person you've made plans with know that things are off ahead of time.

Which thus far is my report for the weekend...as I had two seperate trip planned with two seperate people. One of them a "brother", and neither of them made good on those plans, or even letting me know that they wouldn't be able to keep up their end of the deal. I mean if anyone...I mean ANYONE of you out there came to me and asked me to do some fishing, I'd be like,"What time?"...and,"Name the place!" as long as I don't have prior engagements(which I'd probably cancel for a catfish outing)...And I'd be there, unless something major came up, but I'm man enough to let you know ahead of time.

Maybe I just take fishing too seriously. But if anyone is looking for a trip to the Cape Fear, near Burgaw, tomorrow I'm all in! Ok, I'm done venting now...thanks for listening...lol

2. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    that sounds like my weatherman. rain in the morning, no no rain in the evening, no its raining now. just got to be careful with who you do your planning with. not every one is serious about fishing as you and i am. i have a few buddies that i went to school with that i fish with sometimes but one of them is too lazy to work so when i ask him to go he says can you come by and get me. i say no!!!! i got the truck, boat,equipment, and the gas. so all they have to do is jump in and follow the rules. we have fun fishing but im no taxie cab. with that said the best people i have fished with are "brothers" here. very respectful fellows here for me.

3. C_wernett

C_wernett New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    It's a shame that there aren't more "brothers" in my area that are serious. I may not have a boat, but I chip-in when I tag along. Nothing worse than someone that's just getting a free ride! The guy I normally fish with is out of town getting his captain's liscense for when the charter gets started. I just thought that I was finally going to get to enjoy catching some shad today, and maybe snag a couple cats and maybe my first striper too...but that's what I get for getting my hopes up. I learned it a long time ago...like the weather...expect the worst. That way when it's nice, it seems that much better! There's more days to fish...maybe I'll get lucky enough to find some time to get up that way and rub elbows with you characters some day!

4. dwreel

dwreel New Member

State:
    Southern Pines, NC
    I agree with you 1000%, condad. For me, it's a courtesy thing. I treat everybody like I expect them to treat me. And if they can't/don't want to, I'll slowley drift away from them. I've done things in the past that I really didn't want to do, but I did them anyway because I said I would.

So, where do you live and when we goin fishing?? :D

Just kidding.

dick.

5. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    dwreel is that the canal at santee in your picture?

6. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    dwreel is that the canal at santee in your picture?

7. C_wernett

C_wernett New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I'm in Eastern NC. I've been fishing the Cape Fear mostly. I'd love to hit some new waters, but I work all week and have mostly just two days of fishing a week. I want to fish Baden, Tillery, Noman, Kerr, and shoot, just about every other fishable body of water in the state! I need to learn the Neuse, since its fairly close. But dwreel, anytime possible, I'm game!

8. dwreel

dwreel New Member

State:
    Southern Pines, NC
    Michael: Yes thats the diversion canal at Santee in SC in my pic. We had a blast on that trip. We drifted the three days we were there and caught and got at least 20 fish each day. We hit it lucky, they were drawing water each day we were there. 23# was the biggest, but lots of good eating fish. Someone, there were 3 of us, had to work the trolling motor to avoid all the boats anchored up. Lots of hang-ups, but that is where the fish are. My 2 biggest, 20# and 23#, were caught right off the launch ramp by the bridge.

Conrad, spelled it right this time :D , thanks for the offer. Maybe some day I'll be able to afford the $$$ for gas and come down there and fish with you. Tillery and Badin would be a pretty long drive for you, maybe 150 miles or so.

9. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    there you go conrad. you can fish that canal from the bank easy. i dont know how far a drive that would be for you but there is alot of fish caught in that canal. you can rent a cabin right on the canal there 35-45 bucks a night. ive stayed there several times and had a lot of fun. i stayed at canal lake resort but there are several places in that area to stay.
    dwreel i thought i had seen all that kudzoo before...lol.

10. RIP

RIP New Member

State:
    Somerville, Tennessee
    If everyone was like that this world would be a lot better place. Thats the way I try to be, treat people the way you want to be treated. If you say your going to do something do'nt try to do it, DO IT!