Almost took a skunking today

Discussion in 'TEXAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by cathog, Dec 27, 2009.

1. cathog

cathog New Member

State:
    Lone Oak Texas
    Well I almost took my first skunking at Tawak in over 2 years. Wind blew really hard out of the NW and I couldnt really get to the places I wanted to fish. But I wont make any excuses. Finally after about 4 hours of fishing I caught a 3 pound blue. It sure was a good one cause it took the stripe off of my back LOL. That was my only fish in 5 1/2 hours of fishing. Still had a good time being out there.

2. GMC FishHauler

GMC FishHauler New Member

State:
    Waco, Texas, Un
    don't feel bad, SEVERAL people got skunked on Waco today.
    Not me, I was at home doing "Honey-do's"

3. cassk

cassk New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Poor, poor Gary !!!! 2 yrs.... trying to figure out the right words to say.... " all most sucked for you !! " :smile2::angry::wink:

4. dominoman

dominoman New Member

State:
    Dale, Texa
    Dang Gary, you must have found our 3# blue secret honey hole.:smile2:

5. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    thatd be the only fish i ever caught if i was with ya..im bad luck

6. Wanda BARNER

Wanda BARNER Active Member

State:
    Missouri
    Name:
    Wanda
    Its way more fun to be skunked fishing than watching soaps. I know I get skunked often, and dont watch the soaps anyway. You got to like it to battle the weather to fish. We fished some last week and did ok. Almost had the lake to our own, saw one boat all day. Our water is 36* now on Truman, and fish are pretty well bunched up. Shad are down about 30 feet.

7. motard1

motard1 New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    I have yet to be skunked on Tawakoni yet Gary. I have had some 1 and 2 fish days,but yet to have the dreaded skunk. Now all the other lakes I fish,like Cooper and Lavon, have dealt me the skunk hand.