Almost out of commision

Discussion in 'LOCAL ARKANSAS TALK' started by whisker maniac, Jun 16, 2009.

1. whisker maniac

whisker maniac New Member

State:
    arkansas
    While at work last nite I got my foot run over by a battery operated walk truck. man that hurt but at least I was wearing steel toed shoes..

The steel toe mashed down into the shoe pinching my toes really hard... with that kind of pressure and bruising to my toes with the steel toe I would hate to think what my foot would have been like without it.

Because of he steel toe I can still walk and everything just have a constant burning sensation in my toes.

Sure could of been a lot worse.

2. Rohaus

Rohaus Well-Known Member

State:
    Vilonia Ar
    Glad you are OK and thank God you were wearing the steel toes shoes.

3. Eddie Mullins

Eddie Mullins New Member

State:
    AR
    I have to wear stell toes at work too, and luckily have never had to put them to the test. Sounds like they did their job for you. Glad to hear you didn't get seriously hurt.

4. Spider

Spider New Member

State:
    Hamburg, PA
    Man! Things are getting out of hand here with injuries. What's up with this? That makes about four of us now in a short time period.
    Hope everything gets better real soon.

5. Little Mac

Little Mac Active Member

State:
    NW Arkansa
    Dang Kevin, Glad you were wearin shoe's . I honestly used to hate wearing steel toed shoes, but I have a pair of boots i wear that have saved my toes a dozen times. Im sure in time yer toes will feel better. get well soon bud. Mac

6. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    Good thing ya had them on Kevin:wink: I am sure it will cost some $$ to replace the boots but it is cheaper than a foot!!! Glad your ok ...hang them up at work for all to see why you should WEAR them always!!!

7. ccat

ccat Well-Known Member

State:
    Fayetteville Ar
    Kevin......you should now kick that walk truck driver with that steel toed boot and let him know how bad it really could have been. Glad you were wearing them. You were lucky.

8. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Is the operator of the fork truck able to walk? :wink: Glad you are OK. "PICS"

9. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    As the man said in the old TV series, Let's Be Safe Out There!

10. fishstick

fishstick New Member

State:
    Fouke, Arkansas
    ouch, glad you're ok kev

11. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    Kev thanks for the help today ; sorry i didn,t ask how u were doing ,HOPE THE FOOT IS FEELING BETTER & heals quickly

12. puppypal

puppypal New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Ar
    :crazy:BOY! You gave me some ouch memories with your post. I broke three toes on one foot once and man I would rather get a tooth pulled than go that route. I am all girl when it comes to my footies! LOL That is why the rubber boots, can't stand them wet. hope the thunder pains slow soon. Thank the lord you were wearing your work shoes....:wink:

13. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Dang Kev. I too hate steel toes but they serve a purpose in the work place. Glad ya still have toes bud, it could have been much worse.

14. Riprap

Riprap New Member

State:
    Monticello
    Glad to hear you are ok, steel toes are worth the money , been wearing them for 30 years

15. Mr. Foster

Mr. Foster New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Glad you okay. I wish they had steel plate insoles, lol. When i was in the construction business I dont know how many nails I steped on? I also got clipped by a fork lift and had stell toes on, but somehow I curled my toes and it missed. Hope your foot gets to feeling better.

16. USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT

USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT New Member

Glad you,re okay! Hope the pain doesn,t last long,I,ll put you in my prayers.Kind of makes you stop and think how quickly life can change.:wink:

17. catfishcraz

catfishcraz New Member

State:
    arkansas
    Glad your okay Kevin. I know the feeling cuz I used to work in a sheet metal shop and I have dropped a heavy piece of metal for a pneumatic brake and the steel toe boots saved my foot. Lucky just bruise.

18. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Yep, I would say you got pretty lucky. Hope your foot feels better soon

19. gonefishing

gonefishing New Member

State:
    Near Monroe LA
    Hi Kev hope that your foot gets to felling better soon.

20. Smellycat

Smellycat New Member

State:
    Harrison Arkans
    Good luck Kevin, it aint bad enough to keep you from fishin though!!