Almost made me quit fishing!

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by TA2D, Apr 19, 2006.

1. TA2D

TA2D New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    Went fishing yesterday and I was completly appaled at the sight of the complete and total disrespect of mother nature and her creatures. I was trying a new spot and as soon as I arrived, BAM... two dead sturgeon, walk about two steps further... BAM... deer legs.... then... BAM.... a trophy buck with the top of his head cut off.... then TWO damn hypodermic needles, they were still in the wrapper, but it still made me sick, about 10 feet behind that a comforter for a bed balled up and covered with flies, walk down the bank to the river, there is a dead dog on the side of the trail, I don't think that it went there to die, rather it was shot and left for dead the decomposition was too far along to be sure. Then I get down to the river and there are beer cans and bottles everywhere, and a bit down the bank there are used latex gloves. I tried to fish, but was getting sick to my stomach so I left. I flagged down a local police officer and gave him the needles, I picked them up with my work gloves and put them in some cardboard. I asked him to follow me down there and he did, he took some pictures and made some notes. He then told me that he would pass the info on to the local drunk... I mean game warden. I may end up calling a different game warden and getting his point of view on this subject. I didn't pick up any trash, because it may be used as evidence, but if it is still there when I get off of nights, I will go down there and try to clean up the mess.

TA2D

Aaron

Attached Files:

2. TA2D

TA2D New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    Here are the pics of the buck.

TA2D

Attached Files:

3. TA2D

TA2D New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    Needles and gloves

TA2D

Attached Files:

4. suddawg

suddawg New Member

Time for us to get a new game warden! This is getting pretty damn ridiculous. Seems like the whole county needs a wake up call. Keep documenting that stuff Aaron, and let's end this crap.

Shane

5. suddawg

suddawg New Member

Hey bro, was that on the Missouri river?

6. TA2D

TA2D New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    Dead dog, fly covered comforter, and a deer ear.

TA2D

Attached Files:

7. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Man, I hope someone follows up on that situation. If I'd of come up on that scene I'd prolly been talking to Ralph for the first 15 minutes. Ooooeeee.

8. TA2D

TA2D New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    I was sitting there trying to fish, and I heard a frog. I got to looking around and he was about 4 feet infront of me, I could barely see the little bugger. It was like he was telling me its all gonna work out.

Attached Files:

9. TA2D

TA2D New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    SudDawg, this was by the bridge east of town just before the airport. I may contact The game warden from Nebraska City I have had to deal with him before when I found a baby beaver, he actually cares about the enviroment!

Ol'Man, I did my part now it is time for the Law Enforcement to do their job.

TA2D

10. Chief

Chief New Member

State:
    Indiana
    good grief are you in town or out in the sticks? i'm glad i dont have to deal with things like that

11. TA2D

TA2D New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    I was about a mile out of city limits, I live in a podunk pimple of a town about 3000 people here and I don't think that the gene pool is very deep for most people around here, thank god me and my family are imported!

TA2D

12. suddawg

suddawg New Member

Good grief man. You know when you're from a town of 3000 people I could see some poached deer maybe, even a dead dog. But holy cow, hyperdermic needles!!!

Aaron, you and I both know your 3 year old can do better police work then the Barney Fife's we have there around town. Every single one of them is worthless in my book, from the Sherriff, Deputy Sherriffs, and the Auburn Police Department on down.

Suds

13. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    It sounds like you have seen the results of high water cleaning out the river and you found the deposits. Was the area on a curve in the river or by chance just before a bridge.

14. TA2D

TA2D New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    All of this was higher than the water got with our last rain, these were deposited by some local scumbag!

Aaron

TA2D

15. suddawg

suddawg New Member

Yeah the Little Nemaha isn't near anything bigger then Auburn, at least I don't believe.

Suds

16. redneckdrum

redneckdrum New Member

State:
    kansas
    Hey brother,I pray you had your gloves on when you handled those needles.How do you know someone did'nt put 'em back in the wrapper after use? My diabetic wife does that.

17. TA2D

TA2D New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    Yeah I had my work gloves on and was extremely careful with them, I made sure that I had something to put them in before I picked them up. Almost made me puke, I was gonna take the boys down there eventually, not now, not ever!

TA2D

Aaron

18. catseeman

catseeman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Sorry t hear about your river. Some people just don't care the enviroment. If I were closer I'd help you out . I can't write what ought to be done to them in this forum. I have seen such things in this city, IT'S A D..M SHAME! good luck becafeful If going ther at night . Watch where you sit.

19. treddinwater

treddinwater Active Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    It is very sad how some people believe the world is their trash can/toliet. Absolutely disgusting. I know a few spots like that around here, I live in a pretty urban environment so its not uncommon and when you notify the game warden or police, they seem to not do anything about it. A friend of my dad's had a cop tell him once that he had murder cases to investigate and that he didn't need to worry about the constant dumping that was going on at a local stream. Down where my grandparents live, there was a spot where people constantly dumped trash so the county put up no dumping signs and the trash level went down considerably, and a few people were caught:) .

20. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    It's a shame. Thanks for what you do.