almost checked out early thursday morning

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by FS Driver, Sep 1, 2008.

1. FS Driver

FS Driver New Member

State:
    swansea,illinoi
    im very fortuanate to be typeing this as 2 am last thursday i quit breathing
    after taking an aleve arthritus pill .
    i went into a reaction of like itching hivesthen my throat restricted shut and i couldnt get a breath of air in or out . it was the most horrible feeling i think ive experianced yet . i was able to wake deanna up and tell her through gasping 911 cant breathe aleve pill . i stood there for qa little bit then hit the floor and tried to get up again but it was only on hands and knees . i asked god to save me but i was pretty certain i wasnt being heard i remember sayin to deedee i guess this is it im dieing she said hold on the paramedics are on their way i laid there for a bit more unable to breathe and i passed out i remember vaugley her voice telling me they had arrived just hold on darryl.
    i was grey and blue lipped and after they tried to apply oxygen to me ,they hand carried me out to ambulance and put the tubes in my throat and nose and hand pumped me alive again and about ten minutes of that they took me to the hospital i finally breathed on my own friday afternoon
    i came home yesterday afternoon .
    i got to spend some time with my dad this morning , he was very upset
    as hes in a nursing home trying to recover from a stroke and was unable to see me . we had a good morning together though and that was good for both of us .
    i was glad to be able to see my sons when i came around in icu in the frantic minutes that flew by in my attack there wasnt even the slighttest time to wake them up to say goodbye i love you or anything else and i wouldnt have wanted them to see me in that shape . they did get woke up and came up to the hospital after i got there by ambulance and was
    intibated in emergancy room
    too late to make a long story short but just remember how very short
    of time we have here to be someone special in others lives .
    take nothing for granted and let those you love truely know you love them.
    god bless all of you , he blessed me .

2. river_runner_85

river_runner_85 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Missouri
    I am glad everything is fine now. He did bless you and I am glad to see that you are here with us. Live every day to the fulliest. And always remember the loved ones in our lives.

3. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Glad ya pulled out of it, thats some scarry stuff. So was it from the aleve pill?

4. CuzICan

CuzICan New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, A
    Thanks for your blessings, I am sure glad everything came out all right and you are going to be okay. That would be a very scary thing. I had a severe reaction to something this past summer and I now keep the epi pen here for john or myself to use on me if it ever happens again. Doctor said he didn't know WHAT caused it and probably I never would know, but I wasn't near in the shape you were. GET ONE OF THOSE to keep onhand. it will help you breathe and all till help gets there.

If the doctor didn't or doesnt write you for one then ask him about it.

I had a friend bleed nearly to death internally taking aleve. He took 2 doses too close together and had an ulcer and the meds caused the bleeding. He fell out on the bathroom floor and when he woke up he lacked one pint of blood being a new man, thew docs told him...luckily his wife came home unexpectedly and found him in time.

I was always scared of aleve after that and have NEVER taken one since.

5. thegavel

thegavel New Member

State:
    West Des Moines, Iowa
    Glad to see you made it through. Welcome back to the board...

6. FS Driver

FS Driver New Member

State:
    swansea,illinoi
    thats the only thing they can think of i woke up with headache and that was the only thing i could find in short order and after taking it it started the hives and then my throat got tight . they said it could have been a fluke and it might never do it again or my body developed a sensitivity to
    the ingrediants in it maybe because of a prescription i am currently taking
    they got the lowdown of everything and theat is the best they can come up with . its just a weird freak thing i guess .
    i got a bracelet ordered that has several things they say i will be allergic to
    engraved on it and i got to carry an epipen syringe around and got one here at the house just incase .

7. thegavel

thegavel New Member

State:
    West Des Moines, Iowa
    I have seen EpiPens save lives... I honestly think that everyone should have one around...

crazy how one thing that is supposed to help ya hurts ya

8. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    That is so scary, I am glad that your allright

9. Boomer

Boomer New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Good to see you are doing ok, and up and about.

10. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Thats one thing Im afraid of is pills. I wont take them at all. The VA hospital killed my father as far as Im concerned, changing his meds after he retired. Ill go without. Funny thing is I smoked for over 20 years, quit over 2 years ago and I have low blood pressure 127/90 checked the other day.

11. tiny b

tiny b Active Member

State:
    TX
    Good to see you are doing better. Take care.​

12. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    glad to see you ok.

13. mistynadam

mistynadam New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    I am glad you pulled through, God Bless

14. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Dang Darryl. That is terrible. Glad you are OK now, and hope that never happens again.

15. bw69r

bw69r Well-Known Member

State:
    West Newton, PA
    Darryl, glad to hear you are ok brother. had an episode when i was younger when i had something lodged in my throat and could not breathe in or out. i agree that is the most helpless, scary feeling their is.

16. CuzICan

CuzICan New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, A
    and you can develop allergy ( severe) to anything at ANYTIME...wild but true...I used Tide laundry detergent for YEARS and one day every piece of clothing touching me was causing hives. Rewashed everything and it stopped...Missed ONE pair of socks-- put em one one morning and in minutes my feet were covered and I didn't have enough hands to scratch em with!!!

It's so wierd how that works!:eek:oooh:

17. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    dang darryl. glad you woke up in time. thanks for letting us know. what a deal. be careful with them pills in the future. hope your feeling better.

18. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Glad to see you made it through ok, Thanks for the blessing

19. stoney53

stoney53 Well-Known Member

State:
    PA
    i agree with ozzy i hate pills any kinda pills i'll do without glad your ok brother God did bless you

20. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Glad your OK now and may God bless you and your family