almost! but not quite.

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by TheMadCatter, Aug 8, 2009.

1. TheMadCatter

TheMadCatter New Member

State:
    missouri
    so manny and i went out for an all nighter last night. we tried his spot on the missi but before we even got there we were turned away by a relatively nice guy, who informed us that due to the amount of people stealing copper wire and taking it down to the beach to burn the coatings off. we were longer allowed down there, and this is being enforced.
    we wernt about to give up on fishing, as i still have a skunk list to get off of. im not sure where we ended up but i know it was south of our original chioce of fishing spots. after one hell of a walk we got set up and lines in. it took an hour or so before i heard my stump puller start peeling drag off, i fought a very nice 16 pound flathead out of the current, it was a very pretty fish. it took a couple more hours before manny got a bite and we both walked on over to his rod to wait for the hook up. the hook up came, only it was on a pole at the far end of our setup.....my pole! it was bending my 10 footer dam well and i thought i was off the list for sure! however ....after it was wieghed it turned out to be a hair over 17 pounds of blue catfish...dam!
    not to long after that came a 2+pound blue.
    there was a bit of a pause in the bites for 2 hours or so, and then manny...that snake in the grass... got a real nice bite that ended up being a 21.5 pound blue cat. another beautiful fish.
    it took some time before the next bites came, about 4 hours to be exact. at about sun up one of my rods took a nice hit that ended up being a 14 pound blue. as soon as that fish was off another rod went down, this one with a 2 pound flat, and as soon as that guy was off the stump puller went down again with another 2 pound flat. if they would have hit any closer together it would have been a triple!
    alll in all i had a blast out there with manny. we bbq'ed some brats and hot dogs, enjoyed the night and the river.
    i was so close to being off that dam skunk list! but oh well, its just an excuse to try again.
    after a lot of outings that didnt end up being that great, this one was a breath of fresh air. definatley the best night i have had this season.

also,the bait of the evening was skip jack for the blues and live perch for the flats.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 8, 2009
  2. TheMadCatter

TheMadCatter New Member

State:
    missouri
    more pics

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 8, 2009

3. Manny

Manny New Member

State:
    Arnold, Mo
    It sure was a good time, we seemed to of really got in to them.

Seemed every few hours we had a lunker on. Brandon was sitting two feet from my pole when that 21 lb. hit. He should of realled it in but he said it was my pole. I think back now and he could of gotton off the list.:wink:

4. Manny

Manny New Member

State:
    Arnold, Mo
    Hey, Brandon

Whats that all over you pants in your pics ?????:big_smile:

5. bedbug jr

bedbug jr New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Congrats, what a way to spend the night. Good friends, good food, and you stuck some pigs, doesn't get any better than that:smile2: Stay safe and thanx for sharing!!!:wink:

6. TheMadCatter

TheMadCatter New Member

State:
    missouri
    lmao....the fish leaked:smile2:

7. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    What more can be said? Congrats guys and hope ya honey hole gets even better.

8. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    A good nights fishin and a good report. Congrats fellas.

9. hillbilly25002000

hillbilly25002000 New Member

State:
    missouri
    sounds like a good night guys way to go

10. 320hotrod

320hotrod New Member

State:
    KCMO
    The fish leaked? Or you was that happy:smile2::smile2: Sounds like you guys had a good night, just spaced out enough to keep you going. Congrats to both of you.

11. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    No, no, no, let's stick with the fish leaked. Hmmmm, had to have been that 17 lb'er. Looks like it leaked a lot!!! Why, I'd say, what, about 3 pounds of pee? That was seventeen pounds after it peed, right?:wink:

Sounds like a great night, wish I could have been there to see it.

12. SGTREDNECK

SGTREDNECK New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Sounds like yall had a good night. Keep them comeing

13. TheMadCatter

TheMadCatter New Member

State:
    missouri
    yes, 3 pounds exactly.....lol

14. MoDamselfly

MoDamselfly New Member

State:
    Mo
    Sounds like a good night on the water. Congrats on all the pretty fish!

15. sjohn58

sjohn58 Guest

Nice job guys, keep the pictures coming

16. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    Dang nice fish Brandon! Congrats to ya! :big_smile:

17. Mr Okie

Mr Okie New Member

State:
    Okla/Texas
    Nice job Brandon...I bet catching catfish sure beats catching wood ducks.:wink: :wink:

18. MoDamselfly

MoDamselfly New Member

State:
    Mo
    Just hang in there catter, you'll get off that list before too long. Sounds like your on em, just have to entice daddy is all! You got to have faith...faith ..faith...:wink::smile2::wink:

19. TheMadCatter

TheMadCatter New Member

State:
    missouri
    yeah, im hoping to not only hit the 20 pound mark soon....but shatter it! and if thats gotta be a 50 pound wood duck ill take it....lmao! theres still a lot of time before i start really sweatin it. if this trip out is any indicator i say that the bite is really starting to wake up, and it just a matter of time before im off......well at least i hope so.

20. shawn 314

shawn 314 New Member

State:
    st. louis
    How does it feel to catch a catfish brandon:wink: was it aggressive as that wood duck that got tangled up in your line:smile2: huh