almost bought 1

Discussion in 'Misc Fishing Tackle Talk' started by kscathunter, Feb 21, 2009.

1. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    anybody bought the el cheepo $5 6-7 (6white, 1red) led mini lanturn at wal mart. i almost bought one last night just cause its only $5 and because of its small size i might use it more than my big camp fuel lantern. any reviews?

2. billyum2

billyum2 New Member

State:
    Topeka,ks
    Yes I bought one for my grandson for Christmas . That thing is great for a cheapo it has a magnetic base is and is pretty bright . the red led is a flasher though. I plan to get one for myself soon to keep in the car and for fishing at night.

3. Katmandeux

Katmandeux New Member

State:
    Checotah, Oklahoma
    I haven't used that particular one, but I did buy the Coleman that collapses down to smaller than a 1# coffee can, and I love it.

The only time I use a big camp fuel lantern anymore is for winter camping, because it heats my canvas tent pretty well.

I say, give it a try.

4. BobbyLee

BobbyLee New Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohio
    I don't have that one either. But I did buy the rechargeable one at walmart and used it all last year with no problems. It's been off the charger all winter and hit the switch on it the other day and turned right on.

5. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    well i bought one a while back and wasnt real impressed with the light output. the light isnt even its got a bright ring and a bunch of dim light but it may work ok. all i really need is just enough light to see poles and the ground. ill have to take it outside and see how it does outside.