Almost bit the big one today.

Discussion in 'Turkey Hunting' started by 223reload, Feb 15, 2009.

1. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Went shopping to get a few necessities with the tax refund from my income taxes. Was brousing wally world while the missus and the kid were "shoppin" They had the sweetest Mossberg 835 decked out in Realtree camo,Fiber optic rifle type sights and ported/ with extended Xfull turkey tube choke 20" bbl. I ALMOST just bought it,But I didnt. It had me lured ,But it was a WANT ,not a NEED. :confused2:

2. catoon

catoon Board Clown!

State:
    whiteville
    :confused2: dont do that crapp reload i thoought you almost died

3. LureheadEd

LureheadEd New Member

State:
    Geogia
    Scared me too... How much was the 'Berg ?

4. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    You will have that baby within the week :smile2:

5. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY

I think he heard ya the first time. LOL!

6. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I did forget to mention the price,309.00 Not bad at all,But like I said It hurt NOT to get it. I can live without it,it just wont be as fun :smile2::smile2:

7. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Change that 8 to a 9 and blow the whole check. :wink:

8. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    Ah! The temptation of seeing something you want, but have to hold back, asking yourself. Do I really need it? Been bitten by the bug plenty of times. Regardless it's fishing or hunting equipment. I know the feeling. Hold out and maybe it might be on sale sometime and you can get it for a cheaper price. Just a thought.

9. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    You sure know how to get every ones attention buddy.Don't do that.Really thought something was wrong with you.
    It takes a lot of will power to turn and walk a way like that.I know mama was proud of you.Or did you even tell her:roll_eyes:?

10. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    rich if my wife would let me do any thing with my return besides sign it id have bought it for you. lol

11. Snagged2

Snagged2 New Member

State:
    Verde Valley AZ
    What's "Need" got to do with guns and fishing stuff???!!!:smile2:
    Sounds like it stopped you in your tracks,,,,,,,But, you covered yourself by, circling around, and seeing where the sales person was, then ,, eased into position,, and had a gander,,,checked it out....:wink:

Oh, yea, Glad you didn't have a heart attack or crack your head open, or sumpin',,,, I was concerned, too.

12. Katmandeux

Katmandeux New Member

State:
    Checotah, Oklahoma
    Now we're down to the nut cuttin'.:tounge_out:

13. Blue Duck

Blue Duck New Member

State:
    Idaho
    Your a strong man for sure. I have been trying to justify gettin a new shotgun in camo, but it just hasn't made the top of my priority list yet. I have 4 shotguns now, so the need it not quite there yet. But I feel your pain.......

14. BassCat

BassCat New Member

State:
    NC
    Ive got that gun you were looking at 223, great gun, I love mine, and its perfect for turkey, still patterns well out to 60+ yds with the 3.5" shells. Ive had mine for several years, still holding up

15. Todd Strong

Todd Strong Active Member

State:
    Cambridge, Ne
    I own 2 of the them, love the gun. didn't need 2 but had a buddy who needed money and bought it for 100.00.

16. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Good post Mark, my thoughts exactly. Proud of ya Richard! :cool2:

You done gone and scared the poop out of all your brothers now....somehow I KNEW that title couldn't be literal. SURELY you wouldn't do that to your SISTERS. :tounge_out:

I tried to figure out what it could mean for a minute before I read the thread, and the only thing comin' to me was that you might've gotten in a fight with a big old turkey and had to bite him for some reason :smile2:. Whatever, to each his own - I prefer mine plucked and cooked before I bite 'em. :wink:

17. Catfishnz4me

Catfishnz4me New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    we can all afford to splurge here and there!! GOOD LUCK....

18. Wil

Wil New Member

State:
    Minden Nebraska
    ur a stonger man than me.. idk if i couldve been able to resist the call of that thing haha