ALMIGHTY REMATCH OF NFL TEAMS FROM GOD

Discussion in 'NFL Talk' started by gonecatn, Sep 11, 2008.

1. gonecatn

gonecatn New Member

State:
    arizona
    OK. YOU ASKED FOR IT, HERE IT IS......

GOD said:

"I will assemble the greatest NFL teams that each franchise has ever played and let them play a season against each other to see who the best there ever was."

Every one was fine with that, BUT..... " What about the rules?"

Should the old team be allowed to play with the brutal physicalness they were used to?
    Should the new teams not be allowed the use of the new technology?

How in the heck could an all NFL, all TIME, season be played and be fair to all teams?

2. thecatman

thecatman New Member

State:
    Graham, Texas,
    old school rules all the way most of the players now a days take one hit and they are done for think about it all the qb's and rb's now dont play because their toe's hurt or their fingers hurt grow up and play old school would win hands down in my oppinion

3. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    old school,back in the day of leather helmets and almost no protection.these guys might be bigger now,but without protection,they wouldn't be much of anything.

4. germanmudfish

germanmudfish New Member

State:
    Gray, GA
    I heard someone say one time, "Son, do not confuse youth and strength with age and violence." They were not talking about football, but I think it applies. The teams today are better athletes, in better conditioning overall, and play a much more technical game. The money invested in these high dollar primodonnas is what causes so many of the rule changes like quarter backs having to wear tu tu s :smile2:, oh that one did not pass yet, sorry. You get the point. The teams of yesteryear were of hardier stock, played more for a love of the game and were much more violent on the field. I think the newer teams would win the game in points scored, especially with a heavy passing game, but they would not be willing (or able) to come back for a rematch. Just my opinion added to the pail.

5. waynesburgjay

waynesburgjay New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    Definitely old school rules and gear

6. zeboman

zeboman New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    These days a defensive player can`t lay a hit on somebody without a flag being thrown , go back to the old days when football was meant to be rough.

7. Ictalurus Punctatus

Ictalurus Punctatus New Member

State:
    Greensboro, NC
    I think it depends on which side of the ball you're on. Modern era quareterbacks have recieved much more protection over the years, and I think that they would suffer greatly in an "old-school" game. Other than that, the d-linemen, linebackers of the modern era would *love* to get nasty on someone "old-school" style.

I also think that the speed of the game has increased drastically over the years as has the complexity of the game. Defenses are doing things that Bart Starr never saw before, and they are doing them faster than someone from a previous era would think possible.

IMO

'72 Dolphins 13
    '07 Patriots 28

8. thecatman

thecatman New Member

State:
    Graham, Texas,
    you make a good point ict however, the old school guys played with more heart and played because they loved the game now there are a very select few who play the game because they love it but 99% of the players play because of the money and it shows, i think the only way the current players win is if they have favre at the helm during his prime as he is one of the select few who play with heart and we all know he can take a pounding and stil get right back up and play the next down the old school players played a more smashmouth style so they had to be better overall at the primary skill's blocking tackling ect i guess what i'm trying to say is that old school played small ball instead of going for the throat every other series because they knew they werent going to score everysingle time they had the ball but if they could take time off the clock keep you from getting the ball and still put theirselves into a scoring position they figured they had the game won the only way i think that the new era team would win is if it came down to a field goal kicking match due to the fact that the field goal kickers can kick so much farther now than most of the old school kickers my vote however still goes old school probably somewhere around 28-20

9. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    if it was old school again,half the guys on the offense wouldn't last a quarter getting beat up out there on the field.especially those tiny little receivers they have now.they would barely make it off the line before they got knocked on their butts