Alluminum angle

Discussion in 'Boating' started by bigfish, Apr 24, 2006.

1. bigfish

bigfish New Member

State:
    Dunbar WV.
    does any one have any 1/4 by 3 by 3 alluminum angle they would be willing to sale?

2. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    Theres a place near me that gets some scrap in sometimes. I picked up a 4ft piece a few months ago. He does not get it often. but I will check and see if he has anymore tomorrow.
    What length would you have to have?
    Pete

3. SeedTick

SeedTick New Member

State:
    Conway Arkansas

Hey Jim, check with Lowe's. I stumbled onto it the other day. They have a good selection of tubing, round or square. They have flat strips, sheets, angle, expanded metal, and it comes in aluminum or steel. I was in hog heaven.

ST

4. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    try here....http://www.adimetal.com/pages/6000series/angle_6061.htm you can find aluminum in all shapes and forms at scrap yards really cheap too! they re-sell aluminum here at a couple places for $1.65 a lb, no matter what it is. you can go to yahoo and type in aluminum sales and find all kinds places that sell aluminum.

5. Desperado

Desperado Active Member

State:
    Pataskala, Ohio
    Name:
    Clarence
    Just go to your local scrap yard or recycler of alum. that is where i find all my alum. for my projects.

6. bigfish

bigfish New Member

State:
    Dunbar WV.
    thanks for all the advice. i called a local alluminum shop and they wanted $270 for 2 pieces at 15 inches and 2 pieces at 20 inches. i very politely told the lady for another $75 i could buy a jack plate, and not have all the work involved in building one.

7. Desperado

Desperado Active Member

State:
    Pataskala, Ohio
    Name:
    Clarence
    I have a place here that deals in scrap alum. called research alloy and it is all costing me about 1.50 a lb.