Alligators in the Tuscarawas River

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by Bigfoot!, Jul 12, 2009.

1. Bigfoot!

Bigfoot! New Member

State:
    Ohio
    This is a little off topic as far as catfishing goes, but It may affect some of the guys fishing the Tuscarawas River near Newcomerstown. Has anyone heard of the two Alligators they found 'near there? I was watching the news, and I saw that they had caught a 4 foot alligator in Tuscarawas River. There was a 6 foot alligator that "got away". Apparently, the state can't go looking for them because they are " an exotic animal" and not part of the natural wildlife of Ohio. I agree with that last part, but what's going to happen when you're near that area and catfishing and you get taken for a deathroll by a 6 foot gator? I just thought I would share my concern with you guys and give you a heads up. This is a real news story, not an urban myth. I just thought I would let you know.:eek:oooh:

2. JBrooks

JBrooks New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    I'm not used to them, but I don't think a 6-foot gator would be too much to worry about.

Either way, snag 'em and eat 'em!

3. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    i don't know why they can't go looking for them because they are exotic or not.but i am sure there are a few animal control people who could do the job they can't.

if its true,winter will kill it.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2009
  4. MiseryMike

MiseryMike New Member

State:
    Blue Springs
    yep winter will take care of it, shouldnt be to hard to find at night time

5. Moose1

Moose1 New Member

State:
    STEUB, OHIO

IF I WERE YOU I WOULD WORRY ABOUT A SIX FOOT GATOR.
    HE WILL TARE YOUR ARSE UP.:eek:oooh:

6. Moose1

Moose1 New Member

State:
    STEUB, OHIO

GO DOWN BY THE WATER WITH YOUR BIG LIGHT AND WATCH FOR THE RED EYEBALLS . THAT WOULD BE IT LOOKING AT YOU..:crazy:

7. Moose1

Moose1 New Member

State:
    STEUB, OHIO
    IT WOULD NOT BE HARD TO CATCH IT. DOES TASTE GREAT DEEP FRIED IN A GOOD BEER BATTER.:wink:

8. tcba1987

tcba1987 New Member

State:
    Dennison, Ohio
    fished about one mile down river from where the gator is hanging out on saturday night..............when i drove past the bridge where its been sighted there was a damn circus going on............lol.............people with cameras hanging over the side of the bridge trying to see it and get pictures............boats in the water...............and people walking the shore and wading trying to be a hero and "catch it"...............i am happy to report that my wife and i DIDNT see it while we were fishing :big_smile:

9. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    There was an alligator caught in the Delaware River in Philly last summer. Other things that have been caught in the river were a beluga whale and manatee!:eek:oooh:

So you never know what kind of things are in the river especially since people like to dump pets who have out grown their tanks or bit their owners.:cool2:

10. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    I would be real concerned with a 6 ft gator, if that thing got ahold of you and yanked you in the water GAME OVER!:embarassed:

11. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Nothing like some good ole gator tail oh yeah.

12. catfishfearme

catfishfearme New Member

State:
    govecity,ohio
    he s a baaadd maannn !!!!:eek:oooh:

13. pendog66

pendog66 New Member

State:
    Brookville OH
    i wonder if flatheads would like 6ft cut gator for bait?:smile2:

14. Bigfoot!

Bigfoot! New Member

State:
    Ohio
    LMAO!! I wonder if gators would like whole flathead for bait:roll_eyes:

15. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Got a 100. reward for the catch an my new pair of gator boots!

16. Bigfoot!

Bigfoot! New Member

State:
    Ohio
    AHAHA! I would dare anyone to try to bag that gator. I wouldn't try. NO way!

17. Moose1

Moose1 New Member

State:
    STEUB, OHIO
    WEL THAT WOULD NOT BE TO HARD TO DO. GET A NICE SIZE HOOK AND SOME STRONG ROPE AND SOME SEWING THREAD, PLUS SOME BAIT.
    LIKE A SMALL ROAST,RAW CHICKEN. TIE THE ROPE TO A TREE, HANG SOME OF THE ROPE FROM A LIMB OVER THE WATER ABOUT A FOOT FROM THE SURFACE. USE THE SEWING THREAD TO TIE THE ROPE FROM THE LIMB. JUST ENOUGH TO HOLD THE BAIT OFF THE SURFACE.
    THE GATOR SMELLS THE BAIT AND COMES UP GRABS THE BAIT . THE THREAD BREAKS AND THE GATOR WILL GO UNDER AND WORK ON THE BAIT THUS GETTIG THE HOOK STUCK IN HIS MOUTH. GO BACK IN THE MORNING TO SEE IF ROPE IS DOWN. IF ROPE IS DOWN SLOWLY PULL ROPE AND IF YOU FEEL SOME WEIGHT . GATOR ON AND DO NOT RAP THE ROPE AROUND YOUR HANDS. JUST GRIP TIGHT AND PULL. :eek:oooh::embarassed::big_smile:

18. mbill

mbill New Member

State:
    Midvale Ohio
    Holy Snap Bigfoot! Guess we all better keep our eyes peeled when we're around it. I fish and catch bait out of there and many of the feeder streams that empty into it.

19. Moose1

Moose1 New Member

State:
    STEUB, OHIO
    BY THE WAY U ALL GATOR MEAT WAS GOING FOR $28.50 A POUND THE LAST TIME I CHECKED. THE HIDE WAS $33.OO A FOOT.
    SO IF YOU CATCH THE LITTLE FELLOW,I WOULD THINK TWICE BEFOR I MADE BAIT OUT OF HIM.

WEARING PARTS OF HIM WOULD BE NICE. AND DEEP FRIED IN A BEER BATTER WOULD BE A REAL WAY OF REMEMBERING THE LITTLE GUY....:wink::big_smile:

20. Bigfoot!

Bigfoot! New Member

State:
    Ohio
    28.50 a pound and 33$ a foot? hmmmmm.. Maybe I will go see if I can get a hold of him then.. 6 feet of $$$ is all I can see.