ALLIGATOR GAR

Discussion in 'Gar Fishing' started by CATCHARMER, Apr 27, 2009.

1. CATCHARMER

CATCHARMER New Member

State:
    GEORGIA
    DOES GA HAVE ANY ALLIGATOR LEFT IN THE STATE? DOES ANYONE KNOW IN WHICH BODY OF WATER THEY ARE IN IF THEY ARE ANY LEFT?

2. efrith

efrith New Member

State:
    Seale Alabama
    Lake Eufaula on the Chattahoochee river has some small ones in it but there only about 4 to 6 ft long. The only place that I have caught them is around hatchechubee and hannahatchee creeks along with long nose and spotted gar there are needle fish also.
    Good fishing to ya!:cool2:

3. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    I have not seen many here in Arkansas but when I live In Louisiana I caught a 50 pounder in Beouf river in Richland Parish.

4. oh_darn

oh_darn New Member

State:
    Nixa, MO

4 to 6 feet is small? Wow. I think I need to get into gar fishing. Where are they in OK?

5. Dirtdobber

Dirtdobber Guest Staff Member

State:
    Vian Okla
    You can find them in Ft Gibson Lake, Oologah lake Both Canadian rivers and Red River. They are other places but that is where I have caught them.

6. cumberlandcat

cumberlandcat New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Does anyone know if you can harvest gar in the state of Tn I could of caught a hundred of them today. One person told me there was no limit and another told me they were off limits completely.

7. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    depends on if it was really an "alligator"gar. they are endangered. if you caught that many, they were probably longnose or shortnose gar.

8. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    When Central Texas used to get rain 10-12 years ago i remember seeing tons of them in the small creeks by my house along with some pretty sizable spotted gar. S ome of the alligators were at least 8 feet long and intimadating lol. caught plenty of spots but not one single gator...bad luck, bad technique, or bad timing....maybe just smarter fish..somethign tells em if i tried to catch bream on light tackle id catch and break off on all i could ever wish to haha

9. mcwrestler

mcwrestler New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Refer to your fishing regs for the state. I would look up mine but I am not sure where the book is. Better to take legal advice from the source instead of the forum or people on the bank. No offense to any one here, do not believe any person would lead you astray, but if a question came up on the lake you need to be able to point to the rule in the book instead of saying the other person said you could.