alligator draw

Discussion in 'LOCAL SOUTH CAROLINA TALK' started by matt22va, Jul 14, 2009.

1. matt22va

matt22va New Member

State:
    Kingsland, Ga
    Anybody heard anything about the gator draw? I think results are supposed to be out by the 15th.

2. Sunbird

Sunbird New Member

State:
    Sandy Run,
    Matt, I haven't heard anything yet. I got passed over last year:sad2: Hope this year yields a tag!!:big_smile:

3. nick81

nick81 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    yes... they are supposed to be out by today, whether you got one or not. we'll see.

4. catfishinsc

catfishinsc New Member

State:
    SC
    Haven't heard, but I didn't get one last year so I should get one this year.

5. JDWILLIS39

JDWILLIS39 New Member

State:
    NC
    Hunters will be notified beginning July 1 of selection status. After notification, successful applicants are then required to go back online to pay the $100 dollar Alligator Permit fee. The Department will begin to send out permits and tags to fully paid applicants after July 15th. The deadline for paying the $100 permit fee is October 1, but you must allow the Department 5 business days to deliver the permit and tag after receipt of payment. Hunters that fail to pay the $100 permit fee by the end of the Alligator Hunting Season will not receive any preference points and will forfeit any accumulated points. The Department reserves the to right to prohibit applicants that fail to pay from participating in future public alligator hunt drawings.

6. Sunbird

Sunbird New Member

State:
    Sandy Run,
    I went to the mailbox today and pulled out a letter from SCDNR! I was pumped.......................It was a copy of my fishing liscense they sent since I had renewed it online.:sad2::sad2::sad2::tounge_out: Maybe tomorrow?????????:roll_eyes:

7. MossyBack

MossyBack New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    after a rude woman told me on the phone that we would be notified "BY THE 15TH SIR" i decided to wait but nothing came so I was ready to call back and raise some cain but got a recorded message saying by the 17th so we will see but i am not holding my breath.

8. MossyBack

MossyBack New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    talk about bs, just got my rejection in the mail with a freakin prefrence point. i just called down to the dnr and they are checking into it because it is almost statisticly impossible to not draw with a pref point. and they did not even give me credit for last years point, they are showing me with one point.

They just called me back and fixed the problem, for some reason they did not check the pref points. They said that there were more people with the same problem so if you did not draw with a pref point, call them and they will take care of it.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2009
  9. matt22va

matt22va New Member

State:
    Kingsland, Ga
    Well, myself, the wife and two friends put in and all were rejected. I guess that is to be expected being the first year for all of us. We'll try again next year. Did you get yours Sunbird?

10. Sunbird

Sunbird New Member

State:
    Sandy Run,
    NOPE!!!!:angry::angry::angry:

11. nick81

nick81 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    sunbird....you didn't get chosen, or havent found out yet? I haven't gotten a reject letter so I'm holdin' out for the good news:wink:

12. Sunbird

Sunbird New Member

State:
    Sandy Run,
    Reject!!:roll_eyes:

13. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    You may want to call the SCDNR because from my understanding they had some kind of trouble and people didn't get their point from last year's hunt. I know one guy called and got his so its just a thought.

14. crclhuk1

crclhuk1 Member

State:
    Central, SC
    REJECT is not the words they used in your letter and you know that. They thought you'd kill the biggest darn gator inhumpteen counties so just told you NOT NO BUT HE** NO!!!!! Dont be sad you still my fish catchin fool of a buddy!:smile2::cool2::smile2::cool2::smile2::cool2:

15. crclhuk1

crclhuk1 Member

State:
    Central, SC
    awww

Last edited: Jul 21, 2009
  16. nick81

nick81 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    got mine today woo hoo!!! lake marion gator beware!!

17. matt22va

matt22va New Member

State:
    Kingsland, Ga
    Good Luck Nick, Make sure you post us a big pic with you holdin his mouth open!

18. nick81

nick81 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    We'll be there opening weekend. hopefully it won't take but one night, so we can catfish the rest of the trip.:wink:

19. FishN4Fun

FishN4Fun New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Good luck Nick. I'll be down there chasing some gator also. I've got a group with three tags. I am hoping we can pull it off in one night and squeeze in a little catfishing also. Remember that you can not hunt Friday night after midnight this year, the season doesn't start until noon on saturday. You hunting the upper, middle, or lower area of the lake?

20. catmandosimpsonville

catmandosimpsonville New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Sunbird...How ya been. I am in the same boat as you REJECT!!!!
    LOL
    Anyway.. I have been away a long time from posting. I am still steamed about the last trip....
    stay in touch