Allergies

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by ryang, May 30, 2007.

1. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Anyone else have them, I thought I was pretty much done with them untill this year and wow have they hit bad. I dont even want to fish thats how bad I feel. I usually only have it bad for about a month so hopefully Ill be done in a little bit. Does anyone have any meds they use to get rid of the symptoms? Right now Im using OTC brand and it worked for a couple of hours (it says 24 LOL).

I was supposed to go to the Memorial tournament today (PRO/AM) with my wife but Im feeling crappy so I told her to take our oldest with her. I hate feeling this way.

2. Hope

Hope New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Yup, yup.... they're worst of all this year, Gary... down here, I think it's cuz everything was budded out, then froze, then started all over again. Never had an allergy up in Michigan, but there seems to be no end to the pollen in NE Ok. It hits my son and me every year since we moved here.

Claritin and the others never worked for us and we've sure never found a 24-hour fix. Best thing we've tried is the wal-mart (equate) brand of "Allergy Multi-Symptom". It's cheap and effective. Says it has:
    Acetaminophen, Chlorpheniramine maleate, and Phenylephrine HCI in it. I dunno what all that is, but seems to be a good combination.

Hope you're feelin better soon! :smile2:

P.S. Walmart also has a generic sudaphed with ibuprofin that helps dry ya up, but it can mess with your blood pressure.

3. dewboy24us

dewboy24us New Member

State:
    Missouri
    the only bonus to the allergies is that you can't smell the stink bait.... lol.

4. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Oh, man, this year my sneezing episodes have about put me to my knees several times. Almost causes me to pass out. Only thing that gives me a small amount of relief is OTC Benedryl but the downside is it's like taking knockout drops...:crazy:

Ol' Man
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Non-Reciprocal Law of Expectations: Negative expectations yield negative results.

5. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    So far I just started taking some type of Meds its equivalent to Alavert it uses Loratadine which is supposed to be non drowsy. I wouldnt mind the sneezing so much but combined with the watering eyes and nose I bet Ive lost about 3 gallons a day of fluids :crazy:, ok maybe not that much but I bet its alot. I used to have them bad as a kid then when I went active duty it seemed to go away and when I came back home I had them but not real bad. For the last 6-7 years I had practicly no symptoms at all then wam it hits back.

The only thing I can think of that may have set it off besides what you mentioned Hope is that when I took that wel butrin to stop smoking and I was allergic to it that it may have set off my other allergies. Truth be told I would rather be smoking again than feeling like this :sad2:.

6. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
    I've had em worse this year than ever before...So we're both in the same boat!