Allen Warren shooting tagged deer..

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by BLKCLOUD, Sep 18, 2007.

1. BLKCLOUD

BLKCLOUD Member

State:
    Pulaski Tn
    I guess I have finally seen it all..Chevy sportsman Allen Warren was just on hunting a high fence area and all of the deer had tags in their ears...:big_smile:
    I got so fired up I took my 30-06 out of the gun safe and went out and shot 3 of my cows..I dont know what words are out there to describe some one shooting ear tagged deer but I guess there are some...I do know that was the last time i'll ever watch him again..

2. samh

samh New Member

State:
    Damascus,Arkansas
    I've just about quit watch'n all the hunt'n shows because of stuff like that, even the one's that don't look canned have become just one long commercial for all the have to have gear and gizmos.

3. Cathooker

Cathooker New Member

State:
    Ga
    I could not agree more Sam. Deer htuning has become such a big business and each so called hunter is pushed really hard to meet deadlines, try to get bigger animals and better footage. They turn to canned hunts to make it work. I worked in the hunting industry for several years.....I met a lot of those folks and saw a lot of what goes on behind the scenes.....I vowed to never be like them.

4. porboy

porboy New Member

State:
    TX Panhand
    Fellows, I was around Keith Warren once and he was one dude that was so full of himself and so overbearing I stopped watching him a long time ago.
    Bill

5. wayne1967

wayne1967 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I got so fired up I took my 30-06 out of the gun safe and went out and shot 3 of my cows..
    That's funny right there.

6. kkyyoottee

kkyyoottee New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Thats what it is all about!!! A place down the road from us is high fenced and if you want to shoot a buck in 180 range you must plunk down 20 grand!!! The guy told me they sell 3-5 of those hunts a year!! I am in wrong business. I have some friends who are good with genetics. Could cross breed a whitetail with a long horn to get width on spread, then x breed with moose for mass, then x breed with elk to get lenght and height on tines and waalahhh!!! Super buck!!! Who's with me!!

7. rodenberg

rodenberg New Member

State:
    missouri
    I only watch the drury out doors show when it comes to deer hunting.

8. ladyfish50

ladyfish50 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    I still watch quite a few of the shows, but sometimes I get so sick of hearing "That's a great buck; he'll score good", or "I'm not sure what he'll score, but it'll be good". What happened to hunting for the sport, the thrill, not the score??? I've never killed a big buck, & you can bet if I ever do, the first thing I think won't be "I wonder what he'll score?"!! It'll be more, "Oh my gosh, I finally got one!! Somebody quick, make my picture! Look at him!!"
    I do enjoy the Primos, & Michael Waddel; they seem like pretty good fellas.
    Just my opinion...

9. stinkbaitman

stinkbaitman New Member

State:
    south dakota
    theresd a few that are still al right-roger raglin-nugent-lee and tiffany lakosky, atleast i hope. i never vatch jimmy houston anymore and i wont watch keith warren anymore either. i enjoy hank parkers fishing shows but all his hunting he wont shut up about cmere deer and oh how it works so good. but from all ive heard it doesent. i wish someone would just start a show where they didnt have millions of sponsor commercials and you actually learned something from it.

10. CatfishHateMe

CatfishHateMe New Member

State:
    Il
    Nugent is the man. Hell go out and shoot a doe and talk about ethics and how you need to level out the doe to buck ratio and then turn around and go to a public hunting ground and kill a great buck. hes definately one of the only ones i make an effort to watch everytime i can.

11. lroyal

lroyal New Member

State:
    Georgia
    yea i love ol ted. i also like realtree roadtrips and this show called get in the game.

12. David Knotts

David Knotts New Member

State:
    Bossier City, La
    I like to watch a lot of huntin shows, but some of em are, well lets saynot true.

The thing I like about Ted is, it don't matter to him, 10 point, spike, or doe. If he gets a shot at it then, Whack right through the pump station.

I do like Roadtrips, Gettin Close, Primos, and Drury, and a few others, but not many. I use to like to watch Buckmasters, but they got a little to staged with the set ups, and the BIG WALK UP to the deer. jmo

13. Big B

Big B New Member

State:
    North Texas
    Its hard to watch a good hunting show any more. The more you look into it the worse it gets. These high fenced hunts and canned hunts. Where is the "hunt" in that. If that was me I don't care how big he is I'm going home. Thats like BLKCLOUD said about shooting the cows. Might as well just go to the petting zoo. Do it right or don't tell us or show us. There are still a few of us that care about our heritage and ethics. The Nuge rules.

14. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Name:
    your first name
    About the only outdoor show I watch anymore is KY Afield. The dude has one hand and still bow hunts drawing with his teeth. He doesnt take huge bucks but its more thrilling watching him on unprime land hunting to be hunting or fishing for that matter.

15. David Knotts

David Knotts New Member

State:
    Bossier City, La
    I get more of a kick watchin kids kill their first deer on these shows.

16. samh

samh New Member

State:
    Damascus,Arkansas
    That's the truth. Here on our farm we usually get to several kids kill their first deer every year, doe, spike or big'un, it don't make any difference to them, just watch'n them is the best thrill of hunt'n there is. 4 kids under 12got their first deer here last year and I never fired a shot, but it was still a great year.

17. Seth

Seth Active Member

State:
    Owensville, MO
    Spririt of the Wild, Realtree Roadtrips, Gettin Close, Drury Outdoors, and Double Bull Outdoors are some of my favorites.

Hank Parker blabs on about that C'Mere deer crap so much that I can't stand to watch it anymore. Jimmy Houston should stick to fishing and not hunting in 2 acre pens.

Ol Ted is all about the backstraps. Drury boys have a lot of information about deer management that I try to soak in. Lee and Tiffany, well they have Tiffany..LOL. Michael Waddell can shoot a bow awesome and his hick talk cracks me up. The turkeys kills on Double Bull Outdoors are awesome.

18. Cathooker

Cathooker New Member

State:
    Ga
    Hick talk???? Son that is how us Georgia boys that grew up in the country talk
    naturally. I'd rather be a dang hick than a city puke....lol.....I do like Waddell.

19. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    ted nugent is the friekin man! i like mike waddell too. i thought it was funny how he was on jeff foxworthy's incomplete deer hunter 2. good stuff.

20. Dadoftwo

Dadoftwo New Member

State:
    Oklahoma City
    I have all but quit watching these programs becaue of the heavy commercial points of it.