Allen Texas

Discussion in 'TEXAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by teamhunt, Jul 16, 2009.

1. teamhunt

teamhunt Member

State:
    West Virginia
    Hey Guys im from West Virginia and im going to be in Allen Texas for work alot hte next couple months.... i was just wonderif you guys could maybe point me in the right directions on where is a some good places close to fish...

thanks
    Tommy

2. cathog

cathog New Member

State:
    Lone Oak Texas
    Within an hour from Allen you have Lakes Lavon, Texoma, Tawakoni, Lewisville, and several others, but the aforementioned would be the best places for catfish, with Tawakoni being the best.

3. colten

colten Member

State:
    Texas
    Lake Lavon is real close to you and the fishing is pretty good there.

4. Luke Clayton

Luke Clayton New Member

State:
    Texas
    Tawakoni is RED HOT now for catching channel cats in the 1.5 to 5 pound range, most average around 2 pounds. They are in the timber in water 20 feet deep, close to bottom. Baiting the area around your boat with soured grain will help concentreate them. Use a good punch bait on a #6 treble hook. Good luck to you, Luke Clayton

5. Luke Clayton

Luke Clayton New Member

State:
    Texas
    Another idea that might help you. Near Cedar Creek, I have a buddy that owns close to 2,000 acres. He has over 700 acres of private waters full of catfish. It's within a couple miles of the Trinity River. They are offering day fishing here and even have a nice camphouse on the property. Small boats work well here but bigger boats can be launched. There are even a couple of Buster Boats there. For more info,contact Cory Vinson www.nofishnocharge.com. Hope this helps, it would make a good, easy get away for you.

6. teamhunt

teamhunt Member

State:
    West Virginia
    thanks guys! i will definately look at these places!!!!

Im sure i will have more questions to come!

thanks
    Tommy

7. jeadams

jeadams New Member

State:
    Texas
    Tommy,
    Lake Lavon is just a few miles from Allen. Lots of good placed to bank fish from if you don’t have a boat. Lake Ray Hubbard is also close. I will send you a PM with a helpful site to see if you would like to fish these lakes.

Eric