allegheny tonight

Discussion in 'PENNSYLVANIA RIVERS TALK' started by RandyS, Aug 2, 2008.

1. RandyS

RandyS New Member

State:
    Pa
    A friend and I are going fishing tonight. Probably going to try in the mouth of a creek or else up in alittle bit from the allegheny river. Going to catch some bluegills for bait this afternoon.

2. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Good luck tonight Randy! I plan on heading out tonight also. In fact I'm getting ready to go out and catch some bait shortly! I feel a big 'un coming my way! :wink:

3. RandyS

RandyS New Member

State:
    Pa
    I hope you get him!

4. ste6168

ste6168 New Member

State:
    Pittsburgh, PA
    good luck tonight. wish I could make it out also. ill be there tomorrow!

5. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Sadly I ended up not going last night! :sad2: I helped a friend move. I thought it would only be a few hours and ended up not getting home till 11 PM and was too tired to head out at that point. May try to get out tonight for a few hours.

6. RandyS

RandyS New Member

State:
    Pa
    I went to the allegheny last night. Fished in Mosgrove where pine creek enters the river. Between 7 and 8 o'clock had some action. Three runs with big bluegills as bait. Missed them all. Had one on for a while and lost him. So, no flathead yet but I'm going to be persistant. Also, I was using 6/0 gamakatsu circle hooks. Maybe I need to go bigger.

7. waynesburgjay

waynesburgjay New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    I just bought some of the 6/0 gamas gonna give them a try during the week. I was having problems the other day getting them to the bank. I think their just biting light.