Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
81 - 100 of 458 Posts
Went out fishing tonight with mike again. Go figure he caught 4 cats tonight. :angry::confused2: 3 channels and 1 flat. First 2 channels he caught was a double :big_smile:. 1 shy of 11 lbs and the the others between 8 and 9 lbs. And once again i got nothing adn still have not caught myself a cat this year. But it was a good time and cant wait to go back out and at it.
Maybe mike has some secret anti-fish hex he,s puttin on you?:eek:oooh::crazy::eek:oooh:

well my self and DIESELkat made our way back to lock #8 to try for some more walleye action last night, total numbers were 7 walleye and i believe 3 smallmouth, 1 rockbass. the bite was pretty good when we first got there but as the sun went down the fish stoped hitting or they moved out further from shore. there was another fisherman beside us that was catching a few channel cats nothing real big but he was catching fish . seemed like the fish liked the bigger chubs last night . i am going to try to go out today again when i get home i will post results tonight MARK

Discussion starter · #84 ·
well my self and DIESELkat made our way back to lock #8 to try for some more walleye action last night, total numbers were 7 walleye and i believe 3 smallmouth, 1 rockbass. the bite was pretty good when we first got there but as the sun went down the fish stoped hitting or they moved out further from shore. there was another fisherman beside us that was catching a few channel cats nothing real big but he was catching fish . seemed like the fish liked the bigger chubs last night . i am going to try to go out today again when i get home i will post results tonight MARK
Mark - Welcome to the B.O.C.! :0a25: :0a23: Nice to see Worthington being represented! :big_smile: Lock #8 is a good spot! :big_smile:

Discussion starter · #85 ·
Went out fishing tonight with mike again. Go figure he caught 4 cats tonight. :angry::confused2: 3 channels and 1 flat. First 2 channels he caught was a double :big_smile:. 1 shy of 11 lbs and the the others between 8 and 9 lbs. And once again i got nothing adn still have not caught myself a cat this year. But it was a good time and cant wait to go back out and at it.
Thanks for the report and pic Damien! :cool2: Good to see the Allegheny Cats are coming alive! :big_smile:

Sweet. Im headin out this weekend if you guys want to hook up. North or South it dont matter to me.
I would honestly love to, but I will be down in Annapolis for those job interviews. I will be back Sunday if you plan to go out then, and I am not too tired from driving, I will consider going out for a few hours.

Here is another cat that I caught that night, a little 8.10lb channel, but as Scott said... things are looking good for the Allegheny

Attachments

thanks alot guys for making me fell at home, normally i fish the kittanning area, the clinton area. i will keep you all posted on the fishing reports as i get them. normally i fish for walleye early in the summer then flatheads as the weather warms up. DEISELkat is trying to get me involved in the flathead fishing, i am heading up to morain tommarow night for a little striper action hopefully i am not to early. i did not fish lock 8 tonight for lack of not finding any chubs of the right size today after work i guess i need to find some new water. once again thanks for making me fell welcome to catfish 1 mark

Sweet. Im headin out this weekend if you guys want to hook up. North or South it dont matter to me.
Hey Justin, I'm interested! and for that matter I'd be open to bump into any other catter that might be fishing that day within reason (the MON @4hrs is too far away). Maybe It could be kind of like the gathering I couldn't attend:smile2:

I plan on fishing friday night and would have time for some travelling. So if anyones fishing along the alleghany I would be interested, although obviously the further North for me the better:wink:

10-4 buddy. Damien showed interest in goin out too. I found some good looking structure on the same pool as my go to spot, plus some known holding areas that I just couldnt get to last year. I might just try to go there, but its up to how far people are going to travel. Jason, let me know if your coming down for sure. I will for sure be out. If your planning on coming, I'll stay above Kittanning for the night. If not, I'm going to head down around Freeport or below. Let me know what you guys are planning to do.

Discussion starter · #91 ·
Due to my job going crazy the last month I have been unable to get out on the water but things change this weekend! :wink: The Cattracker1 launches Friday for the 2009 season! :big_smile: I'm on vacation next week and will be out Saturday and Sunday with some buddies. If anyone wants to go out during the week I am open to getting together with a B.O.C. member! :cool2:

yea Im definitly up for some fishing this weekend. i gotta stock pile up on bait cause im all out. Went out tonight with mike and another buddy and mike still has kept his streak going. And i have still not caught a cat yet. Although i did get my first cat bite tonight. But gimme a heads on on were you guys wanna fish so i can get things together and make things happen.

Like I said, if you wanna go w/ me thats fine. Im going to be takin the boat out. Mike has my #, call me or PM me and we will finalize plans.

Due to my job going crazy the last month I have been unable to get out on the water but things change this weekend! :wink: The Cattracker1 launches Friday for the 2009 season! :big_smile: I'm on vacation next week and will be out Saturday and Sunday with some buddies. If anyone wants to go out during the week I am open to getting together with a B.O.C. member! :cool2:
You couldn't have picked a better time to go HARDCORE for a week. The rivers in PA seem to be stabilizing after that up and down weather crap we went through the past 8 weeks.

Good luck, I have yet to catch a flatheads this year with spawning scars so they should go on a binge anyday now!:cool2:

ok, so it looks like Mike, damien, Justin and scott are all out in the river on friday night, right?

its difficult to make plans, right now.

my daughter has a high fever and we're hoping it will soon 'break'... if it doesn't then all long fishing trips are out. I was also contacted by a NY member about fishing 18mile creek mouth-10miles south of buffalo.

hmm.. I'm trying to figure out What I'm doing. Justin you got a PM a would like to talk to you directly by phone.

Been waiting for you to get out & hear some good reports Scott. Hope the week is good for you & there are some big flats & channels waiting to get hauled up on the "Catracker".:0a23:

Discussion starter · #97 ·
:big_smile: I launched the Cattracker1 early this afternoon and it is docked and ready for action! :big_smile: Tomorrow evening is the debut Cat trip for 2009 and I am super excited! :cool2: I'm posting a few pics of the cool stickers I have on the boat!

Attachments

Caught my first flathead of the year last night. Was fishing between Roston and Ford City. Got there around 7:00 caught the 26" flatty at 9:15. Not another bite the rest of the night, left around 1:00 AM. Caught it on a gill head.

Me and justin got out on the river last night. i ended up going up his way. We had al kinds of troups lined up and ready to go:wink:. Major variety but the most productive was live and dead gills. He caught the first 3 and had a few runs and missed a couple. I thought i was gonna have another skunked night:sad2:. Then i got a good run and missed her. After that it was game on. we caught 8 flats total and it was out first cats of the year:big_smile:. I got a 30in- (12lb 6oz), 28in- (10lb 5oz), 21in- (4lb), 20in- (3lb 8oz),And a 33in- (16lb 4oz). Justin caught an 26in- (8lb 12oz), 33in- (14lb 9oz), and a 31in- (14lb 10oz). The last flat i had caught was really fat and smelled kinda funny:confused2:.. Justin said it looked like it needs to take a dumb. Next thing you know im getting ready to throw him back in and the bastard shit on me:embarassed:. It was really funny and made the night even better. Overall i had a great time and cant wait to go out again. Justin took pictures and will post them whenever he gets on. AND HE EVEN GOT A PICTURE OF THE FLAT SHIT ON ME>>HAHAHA

81 - 100 of 458 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.