Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
441 - 458 of 458 Posts
I was in Warren on Saturday for an Anniversary party and did some fishing at the beginning of the Allegheny. Didn't even get a bite but it was a beautiful view. Talked to a couple guys who were pulling in a lot of walleye. Not much size to em but they were having a great time. Thought I'd share a few pix.

Attachments

Hi,

I will be up on the ALG between Tidioute and Tionesta. I know the river well there.....however I have never been able to get a good read on where or if there is big cat action up there. Anybody have any suggestions. thanks.

Brian

Well, I had to take the pontoon boat off of the lake this weekend. That sucks! It means the end of the season is here. We had way too much lousy weather this summer. I did manage a new PB this year and got a new boat so I guess I shouldn't complain. But I will anyway. Can't wait for deer season and then, come on spring!!!

I went over to Lock #6 and tossed a jig n minnow around for about a hour before dark today hoping to scare up a Walleye or two but got the skunk! :sad2: Pic of me being out there attached!
There's a strike for winter time cold river softwater fishing.

Just don't ask why that happened bro, you'll get flogged.:cool2:

Discussion starter · #451 ·
Since The ice was not quite ready today I decided at the last minute to unload the ice gear, grab my river stuff and hit Lock #6 for the last hour of daylight! Only had 2 hits. Caught a small Sauger that was like 12" and as I was gathering up my stuff to leave one of the rods bends over far enough to lift the butt of the rod off the ground, by the time I got to it the fish let it go! :sad2: It was nice to be out even for just a short while! :big_smile:

Attachments

Well thats no good.:angry: Least you beat the skunk though. I cant catch anything at 6 in the summer let alone December.:tounge_out:

Since The ice was not quite ready today I decided at the last minute to unload the ice gear, grab my river stuff and hit Lock #6 for the last hour of daylight! Only had 2 hits. Caught a small Sauger that was like 12" and as I was gathering up my stuff to leave one of the rods bends over far enough to lift the butt of the rod off the ground, by the time I got to it the fish let it go! :sad2: It was nice to be out even for just a short while! :big_smile:
Good job Scott.

Hey atleast you got out fishing and didnt get the skunk! Give it a few more weeks and its ice fishing time!:cool2:

441 - 458 of 458 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.