Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner

Allegheny River Reports 2009

31K views 457 replies 42 participants last post by  Pennsylvaniacatchaser 
#1 ·
Post your 2009 reports here! :cool2:

#4 ·
I did my annual New Years Day fishing trip! I hit lock #6 from 3 PM till 5:30 PM and got the big skunkerooski! :crazy: The river was very high which caught me off guard, I thought it would be up but not this much. I was sitting up in the trees. The waves were pounding the shore causing the rod tips to bounce non-stop. I almost didn't fish when I saw the conditions but decided to try anyway. I built a nice fire and gave it a shot but came up empty. It was still nice to be out. A pic attached of me in action! :roll_eyes: Our plant has been shut down for 2 weeks so I got a 2 week beard going, thought I would mention that, you guys might not recognize me! :smile2:

Attachments

#6 ·
Definitely a different look for ya Scott. Looks like ya had a pretty rough time of it. The only thing I can catch on the Allegheny in the winter is a cold.

#8 ·
I did my annual New Years Day fishing trip! I hit lock #6 from 3 PM till 5:30 PM and got the big skunkerooski! :crazy: The river was very high which caught me off guard, I thought it would be up but not this much. I was sitting up in the trees. The waves were pounding the shore causing the rod tips to bounce non-stop. I almost didn't fish when I saw the conditions but decided to try anyway. I built a nice fire and gave it a shot but came up empty. It was still nice to be out. A pic attached of me in action! :roll_eyes: Our plant has been shut down for 2 weeks so I got a 2 week beard going, thought I would mention that, you guys might not recognize me! :smile2:
Kinzua is letting an obsene amount of water out of the gates these days(16,700) and you're sure to feel most of the way to indiana.

They only good news about his false 'tidal' wave from the dam, is that the bass ought to be very, very hungry once things calm down in my winter honey-hole.

#11 ·
Hey Scott it's nice to see you got out for the first time this year. I like,ed last year's pix. of your fire better:smile2: It's time to ice fish now.:wink:

#15 ·
Scott,

Don't let these guys get ya down, they're really jealous of us guys with beards. :smile2: Of course you need a little more gray in it like mine :)
Tim - Nice to see you posting again! :big_smile: I thought maybe you flew south for the winter or something! :wink: :smile2: I had to shave once I got back to work after the Christmas shutdown! :crazy:

#16 ·
:roll_eyes::smile2::wink::big_smile:HAPPY BIRTHDAY SCOTT:big_smile::wink::smile2::roll_eyes:
Hope ya wished for a STEELER win when ya blew out the candles

#26 ·
Well I see from the USGS website that the river is starting to come back down toward normal levels. Last year my first trip of the year was March 15th. I don't know if I'll meet that this year but I gotta get to the river soon :crazy: Has anyone tried the Allegheny yet?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.