Allegheny River Report 2008

Discussion in 'PENNSYLVANIA RIVERS TALK' started by Pennsylvaniacatchaser, Jan 31, 2008.

1. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Post your Allegheny River reports for 2008 in this thread! :big_smile: I checked the Allegheny out yesterday and large parts of it are locked in ice. It would be tough to fish but spring is coming! :wink:

2. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    We can forget about fishing any of the 3 rivers for awhile! :crazy: The Ohio is expected to reach flood stage at 25 ft. on Thursday! :sad2: Allegheny will be real ugly also! :angry:

3. tbartek

tbartek New Member Supporting Member

State:
    New Germany, PA
    I keep watching the Allegheny's water level and temps on the web, if I don't get a line in the water soon I'm gonna go stir crazy:crazy:

4. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Hi Tim! Glad to see your out of hibernation!!! :smile2: :smile2: :wink: Nice to see you postin' again brother! I hope we can hook up again this year and give them Allegheny River Cats some trouble! :cool2:

5. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Things are aweful quiet on the Allegheny River thread! :crazy: I still got my ice fishing gear out but probably in another week or so it will be time to put that gear away and head back to the Allegheny! :cool2:

6. cchichy

cchichy New Member

State:
    Cookport,
    hey is the river still ice locked near kittanning

7. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    The Allegheny is open water right now! There may be some skim ice in places but thats all!

8. cchichy

cchichy New Member

State:
    Cookport,
    hmmm... weekend trip.... anyone catching any cats ?

9. tbartek

State:
    New Germany, PA
    According to the web the Allegheny has gone up about 4' in the past couple of days. If we could import some of those hungry north branch channels from jiggerjim we could start fishing out our way earlier:big_smile:
    Of course I guess lock 6 won't have too much shoreline for awhile

10. tbartek

State:
    New Germany, PA
    Well the water level's coming down and the temp is creeping up slowly, Soon it will be time:crazy:

11. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    I hear you Tim! I may hit Lock #6 this weekend! :big_smile:

12. zeboman

zeboman New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    Good luck if you go Scott but don`t forget the fishing report.

13. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Hey Dan! One thing you can count on is me making a report! Regardless if its good or bad I will make one! I didn't get out on Saturday (I did stock Trout) but may go on Sunday! Since your fairly new on the site I must say to go back and check the old Allegheny River Threads as I made a ton of posts on there! :wink:

14. zeboman

zeboman New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    I would expect nothing less than a good fishing report from you,are you going to try for any flats or are you doing the liver stuff for channels?

15. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    I wont be trying for Flatheads for another month! Right around the beginning of May is when I start to target the Flatheads! I just go and fish for whatever may bite this time of year! :big_smile: :wink:

16. zeboman

zeboman New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    Last year around this time my brother -in-law caught a 17 lb. flat on the Mon .

17. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    I hear of the occasional early Flathead being caught but the water temp right now can't be above 40*. I will wait till the end of April anyway before going full tilt after the Flatties. My boat gets docked beginning of May and at that point I'll be ready to focus my efforts on the mighty Flathead! :big_smile: I didn't make it to the river today. It was cold and windy so I spent the afternoon (after the Pens game) putting away my ice fishing gear for the year and organizing some of my river gear!

18. tbartek

State:
    New Germany, PA
    I couldn't stand it any longer, I hit lock 6 for awhile saturday morning. The water was really high and COLD but what the heck. My first catch of the year turned out to be a mud puppy. It was also the only thing I caught but it was good to just sit there, smoke a cigar, drink some coffee, drown some worms.:big_smile:

19. jigerjim

jigerjim New Member

State:
    North East Pa.
    Sometime's just being there is as good as catching.:crazy:

20. Skammer

Skammer New Member

State:
    Pa.
    Caught a few mudpuppies down in Kentucky Lake when I was in the service. your mentioning them brought back memories. I had some great times down there.