Allegheny River produces a 40 lb flathead catfish

Discussion in 'PENNSYLVANIA RIVERS TALK' started by Eithne, Jun 4, 2007.

1. Eithne

Eithne New Member

State:
    OK
    A local college football player went out bass fishing and ends up with this monster. He's probably hooked after that fight. :lol: Here's the article for anyone who wants the details. I think it's great that he let it go for it to grow into the new record. Now the rest of us have a chance too.

2. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    Thanks for the story Kristine, ill bet the next time he goes fishing it wont be for them nasty ole bass.:lol:

3. catchinghogs

catchinghogs Well-Known Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    wow i have been using the wrong bait.

4. Eithne

Eithne New Member

State:
    OK
    :lol: I had a feeling you'd get a kick out of that one. Might be what those Mon monsters have been waiting for. Who knew our local fish were so confused. :roll_eyes:

5. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Kristine - Its funny you should post the article cause when I got to work today one of my co-workers taped it to my locker. Seems the fish was caught near where I been doing some angling! Dang, one of those bites I missed could have been that guy!:crazy::roll_eyes:

6. Eithne

Eithne New Member

State:
    OK
    John's work buddies showed it to him too. They've been trying to get us to go to Erie with them, but apparently they're fishing in the wrong area. :tounge_out: Since you know where he is (and what he likes to snack on) maybe you'll be pulling the next record out. He's got to have a parent or older sibling around there somewhere.

7. RebelMan

RebelMan Guest

thanks for the story!

8. Bucktail033

Bucktail033 New Member

State:
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    i fished the exact spot where he caught that fish a week ago, i think ive seen him there before i really havent targeted cats too much there though! i have to start now i guess. haha thanks for the story.

9. catfish chaser

catfish chaser New Member

State:
    miamisburg, oh
    Thats a great story, I've caught channel cats on lures but never a flathead.