Allegheny River on Saturday?

Discussion in 'PENNSYLVANIA RIVERS TALK' started by ste6168, May 23, 2008.

1. ste6168

ste6168 New Member

State:
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Anyone going to be fishing the Allegheny on Saturday night? I am sick of fishing by myself, and if I catch something significant I want proof. Anyway... If anyone is fishing the Allegheny river (or the mon, but not to far from the burgh) that would you be willing to meet up earlier in the evening so I can fish with a partner, that would be awesome. I am 10 minutes from highland park dam, but am willing to travel some to find a flathead partner. Post here or PM me if you are going out Saturday, or ANYTIME soon and need a partner (considering I dont have a job, and only fish, I would be more than willing to go out whenever, and supply the gills if necessary, as long as I know in advance). I JUST NEED A PITTSBURGH PARTNER!!!!

Thanks, Mike

2. dirt138

dirt138 New Member

State:
    Springdale, Pennsylvania
    Mike, I sent you a PM

3. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Mike - I won't be fishing Saturday night cause I will be watching the Pens kick Detroits butt! :cool2: However if you want to meet up sometime this year for some Flathead fishing I'm up for it!

4. Naack

Naack New Member

State:
    Irwin PA
    Mike i would take him up on that offer he seems to be the guy for the Allegheny !

5. dirt138

dirt138 New Member

State:
    Springdale, Pennsylvania
    I second that one mike. I am always out around here but Scott is the man to know on the allegheny. He taught me a lot.

Scott let me know when you head out on Fridays or Saturdays. I still have not gotten a chance to fish with you on the boat yet.

6. katplayer187

katplayer187 New Member

State:
    WEST END-PITTSBURGH,PA
    hey whats up dude im new to this site also and plan on searchin for some big flats this summer and fall im from the west end of pittsburgh 5 min from downtown i dont drive but if you would lik to hook up i have cash for gas and whatever else we need to catch some fish.. got a 9 and 12lber up past the point 3 weeks ago and a est mid 35lb near bellveiw last week.. let me know whats up im tryin to figure out to put pics up now.. thanks

7. Naack

Naack New Member

State:
    Irwin PA
    Welcome to the Boc .. Glad to have you on the Boards.

8. waynesburgjay

waynesburgjay New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
  9. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Katplayer187 - Welcome to the B.O.C.! :0a25: :0a23:

10. katplayer187

katplayer187 New Member

State:
    WEST END-PITTSBURGH,PA
    thanks guys.. i have learned alot so far from just a few guys on here helping me out...hit the ohio today with some shinners no suckers at the bait shop and so i caught no cats a few nice smallmouth and sauger on the back channel just throwing jigs but nothing on the big rods..thanks again guys!!:big_smile:

11. jolie

jolie New Member

State:
    PA
    about 3 years ago, I moved from the parker/emlenton area to Warren just near the Kinzua dam.
    Not the end of the world, fishin's not too bad around here:cool2:

...But FIshing is hopeless for shovelheads:eek:oooh:... (All the local talk is that up above tionesta, the water is just too cold).. point is before I moved a caught one of those monsters and got hopeless addicted...

Point is, I never was Very good at fishin' for them.. But I would drive for flats... do any of you guys want to do some kind of meetin' ... to give a untrained angler another chance at those flats???

...any you guys fish around kitanning and wouldn't mind a partner.. lets talk, PM me...