Allegheny River Fishing Reports 2010

Discussion in 'PENNSYLVANIA RIVERS TALK' started by DIESELkat, Jan 16, 2010.

1. DIESELkat

DIESELkat New Member

State:
    PA
    Well its that time of year again. Here is the new Allegheny River report thread for 2010.

Swung by the river at Freeport the other day and there was a big hole in the ice where the Kiski runs in. With this warm spell we are having the ice should be gone all the way to the shore if not up and down the river. I can taste the walleye already!!

2. tbartek

tbartek New Member Supporting Member

State:
    New Germany, PA
    Took a ride up to lock 6 on Saturday only a few chunks of ice along shore nothing floating in the river. Drove down through Freeport and then Tarentum I can feel it coming, here fishy fishy:Happy:

3. Fishing Addict

Fishing Addict Member

State:
    Spring Church, Pa
    Anybody know what the level is on the river?

4. moose22dog

moose22dog New Member

State:
    YINZERBURGH,PA
  5. Fishing Addict

Fishing Addict Member

State:
    Spring Church, Pa
    I figured, just looking for a backup plan if I aint able to get on the ice anywhere.

6. tbartek

State:
    New Germany, PA
  7. bw69r

bw69r Well-Known Member

State:
    West Newton, PA
    when you guys say you were around freeport is that the area down by st. margarets hospital? just curious as i'm always looking at the river down that way when i go to see my surgeon. was wondering if thats where you guys are talking about cause i always see signs saying freeport road.

8. bw69r

bw69r Well-Known Member

State:
    West Newton, PA
  9. USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT

USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT New Member

That whole area of the river is good flattie territory!Fished it years ago when I still had a boat.It,s not as channelized as the pools closer to Pittsburgh,got more islands,pools,more natural setting.Lot of big cats been pulled out of that section over the years.

10. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Freeport is about 15 miles north of St. Margarets. It is located in the lower corner of Armstrong County. Old rt. 28 is called Freeport Rd.

11. tbartek

State:
    New Germany, PA
    Ya know, its not bad enough that we had 28" of snow last weekend, now I'm sittin here watchin another 12" pile up in the driveway this morning. I want to be sittin on my boat smoking a cigar in the Allegheny. Enough of this winter crap already!! :crying:

12. I hear ya brotha, this really sucks.:angry::sigarette: