All you Dodge truck boys had best check this out!

Discussion in '4X4 Truck Talk and Repairs' started by brad kilpatrick, Jul 31, 2007.

1. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City
  2. txthumper1691

txthumper1691 New Member

State:
    Temple, Tx.
    I did that to a dodge truck once. I was driving a Ford. both trucks were short wheel base 4X4's mine had granny low and a 300- 6cyl. lots of smoke too. thanks for sharing.

3. brad kilpatrick

State:
    Kansas City
    don't feel too bad guys the toy only has 381 HP and 400 ft lbs of torque....no wonder it made that sheep truck look bad!

4. Little Mac

Little Mac Active Member

State:
    NW Arkansa
    If the ole boy in the dodge wouldnt have floored it and broke traction, I dont think that woulda happened. easy to pull a truck backwards if its just sittin an spinnin.................:tounge_out::smile2:

5. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    I am with you jim the dodge wanna be driver sold us out.:smile2:

Any who did you notice that that tundra was all wheel drive to boot:wink:

6. jbarnes17

jbarnes17 New Member

State:
    Commerce, Oklahoma
    Thats a dodge for ya!!!!

7. brad kilpatrick

State:
    Kansas City
    and di You Dodge boys notice the sheep truck was smokin the front tires????

8. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    Now Guys I know this is funning each other but to add insult to injury I am dodge driver and have been for a long time but that toy is made in america and the dodge is made in two different countrys.

My next good size one will most likely be a toy.

9. neal

neal New Member

State:
    ky.
    Now guys it's a good thing that there was'nt a chevy S-10 two wheel drive with a 4 banger in it there, it would probably pulled both of the other trucks around!!! Ha! Ha!:0a26:

10. brad kilpatrick

State:
    Kansas City
    I'm with you Willard. But I'm a Ford guy. We'll all see how this new Tundra works out but it looks to be the real deal. If they are have the longevity and reliability of Toyota's little trucks I'll definatly buy one. Thanks goodness i have around five years before I have to make that decision.

When your gonna spend the kind of jack it takes to buy a full size truck you had better make Your decision with your head and not Your heart!

11. swdias

swdias New Member

State:
    Ohio
    They just don't make them like they used to...:shame:

12. oh no

oh no New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I wonder what the weight difference was and the gear ratios were.

I like the Dodges but the big ones are MADE IN MEXICO with 3-4 dollar an hour labor. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

If I buy a truck that was made with what amounts to slave labor, it had better be priced like it was made with slave labor. Kinda like the Hundias and Kia's. Good cheap cars made with slave labor or low cost labor. Big Dodge's list in the 40s and 50K range. I can't bring myself to give a manufacture that much profit.

Funny Movie Clip.

Thanks.

13. Little Mac

Little Mac Active Member

State:
    NW Arkansa
    My Dodge is a 2001 model, 4x4 and I love it, except that ole 360 sure is thirsty, Just rolled over 60,000 original miles, and still looks like new. Im a dodge guy, Ford guy, Chevy guy Dont matter to me, but the last few years have been dodge. I love those Dakotas, but needed more truck. I really like the Toys and Nissans, but the sticker shock is too much for me. :eek:oooh:

14. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    Exactly
    I have a Tundra Crewmax and I love it but truth be told, in a pulling match like that the first guy to smoke the tires is done. I have seen passenger cars outpull trucks in similar demonstrations. It doesn't matter how much torque or power you have if you aren't connected to the road.
    Having said that, the power and torque of my Tundra is VERY impressive..W

15. GMC FishHauler

GMC FishHauler New Member

State:
    Waco, Texas, Un
    i was about to say i have seen a chevy front wheel drive van ( an old one with a super small v-6) pull a ford dually backwards that had a 460 in it. The big ford just broke loose in the rear end. I do not have any problems with the Toy's. They are excellent trucks with good power. The old toys used a new concept by using smaller trucks with decent sized tires and UNDER powered them. This meant they got good traction without torquing out and getting stuck by spinning.

16. billNpam

billNpam Active Member

State:
    Alabama
    Being a owner of a dodge truck like the one in the picture. I believe that the Dodge driver needs to learn how to drive. I will admit though it is not worth a darn in the mud. this is a very heavy truck. And do you think that they would show this if it was the other way around, being a Toyato dealer?

17. Pirate Jerry

Pirate Jerry New Member

State:
    Yulee Florida
    Put 1000 pounds of ballast in the back of my 4x4 hemi magnum and I'll tow him backwards to the nearest used truck lot... LOL:smile2::smile2:

18. Creteus

Creteus New Member

State:
    Loganville, GA
    I'd have to say that the Toyota has a limited slip rearend and the dodge full diff. Lets hook that little toy up to my F-350 powerstroke. I'd snatch um so quick he'd pass me in reverse:cool2:

19. James Bentley

James Bentley New Member

State:
    N.C.
    I had a Dodge one time,I really liked it,liked it so much I took a pitcure of it,hung it on the living room wall,came home from work next day and boy was my wife mad,there was a big oil spot on the carpet under the pitcure:embarassed:

20. brad kilpatrick

State:
    Kansas City
    just a few stats to ponder

Dodge Hemi 5.7 L OHV
    335 Hp @ 5000 RPM
    375 ft/lbs torque @ 4000RPM
    curb weight 6,700 lbs
    Towing Cap. 8,400

Toyota 5.7 L 32v I-Force DOHC
    381 HP @ 5600 RPM