All to myself!!

Discussion in 'LOCAL NORTH CAROLINA TALK' started by crlail41, Dec 5, 2005.

1. crlail41

crlail41 New Member

State:
    Hickory NC
    Boys it is nice to know I've got the NC waterways to myself!! My son and I will have a ball!!!!!

2. joe0580

joe0580 New Member

State:
    north carolina
    shad season is comeing soon you guys need to come down and us do some fishing again. had a ball last time when you came. talk to you soon.

3. bufryda1

bufryda1 New Member

State:
    Erwin, NC
    joe, around what time of year do they normally run down there? We usually start to catch some nice hickory and american shad around february.

4. joe0580

joe0580 New Member

State:
    north carolina
    about same time have noticed a few small ones right now but only a few. not enought to make thoise cats come to them. towards end of feb and begining of march. have caught between 100 between me and grandpa in an hour down heree one day. only kept 10 each but were giving away a lot. is fun catching them

5. bufryda1

bufryda1 New Member

State:
    Erwin, NC
    yeh you are right, they are fun on light tackle with a shad dart we can catch em just about every cast when they are thick, sometimes 2 at a time. Can you catch shad at all 3 of the lock and dams? Im ready for the stripers to start running again too. We go out and fish for shad and use the shad that we catch for bait. Gonna catch either stripers or cats.

6. crlail41

crlail41 New Member

State:
    Hickory NC
    Hey Joe

We'll be down there probably first of March. 2 nd or 3rd week of January planning on going to Santee. Recently came back from Lake Badin where we had a ball. See ya later.