All the fish species I have encountered

Discussion in 'Channel Catfish' started by catman529, Oct 17, 2006.

1. catman529

catman529 New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I have attached a picture that I drew last night of most of the fish species I have encountered in the Harpeth River since I started fishing in 2003. It includes all the larger species and common smaller species such as bluegill and shiner, etc. I have caught a few 8-inch gizzard shad but not recently - must have been a die-off or something. Less common species like mottled sculpin and darters are not included. I have not yet caught a carp or buffalo but I will be fishing for them again next summer.

The picture also includes my personal records for fish I have caught since I started fishing. If you want info on what I used to catch a certain fish, ask me and I'll be glad to tell you.

Click Here for Picture

Attached Files:

2. countrycat15

countrycat15 New Member

State:
    gastiona,nc
    thats cool.looks like you got some talent.nice picture

3. tomcat85

tomcat85 New Member

State:
    uh
    i love the picture its really cool looking.

4. rcneman

rcneman New Member

State:
    TN
    nice work and thanks for sharin it

5. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    You have talent thats for sure. Thanks for taking the time to do draw those!
    Bill

6. pylodictis

pylodictis New Member

State:
    pennsylvania
    that picture is a great idea. i should do one for myself and my son. you have some talent. keep up the good work.

another idea-

the ancient japanese method of getting a fish 'trophy' is covering one side of the fish in tempra paint and pressing the fish to paper or cloth -maybe canvas- to make a print of it. you get the length and shape of the fish and you can still release it. unfortunately, it doesn't work terribly well with flatheads. but, you could print the side of the body, then do another pressing of the top of the head, which is the most impressive feature. just make sure the paint is completely non-toxic and whatever you do, don't scrape it off, it should rinse itself off once the fish is back in the water.

-b

7. StuBone278

StuBone278 New Member

State:
    south central Louisiana
    Nice drawings, sometimes I'll try to draw a gar or somethin in class but it always comes out crappy, haha oh well gotta pay attention anyways.:tounge_out:

About those buffalo, I've seen them also in a coulee that I fish for gar in "the clear spot," and I am stumped on what they will eat. I've thrown sweet corn or bread all around them and they dont do anything to it! I know they aren't common carp because those have the bronze color while these are almost a dark purple.

8. catman529

catman529 New Member

State:
    Tennessee

One thing that made me better at drawing fish is just drawing them a lot. After several months I was pretty good and I keep getting better. You can do the same thing.

I get the same thing from buffalo. I call them dormant fish. A member here told me that they will "almost jump onto the bank for your bait" during the spring. He uses real small hooks w/ corn, worm pieces or small pieces of liver. I'm definately trying that next spring.

9. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    youve got talent , keep drawing and when you get a little better try and find a job doing it , wish i had taken the job offer i had when i was 18 . good artist make great money .

thanks for sharing your fish drawings with us