ALL THE BIG CATFISH STILL THERE

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by ShotgunBill, Aug 12, 2009.

1. ShotgunBill

ShotgunBill New Member

State:
    Missouri
    :cool2:Fished Missouri River at lexington Last night had lots of trash on the main line and lots of small fish sucking on the cut bait. But we did see alot of falling stars and cool moon so all was not lost.

2. swamplvr

swamplvr New Member

State:
    Western Mo
    I tell you what was lost......SLEEP.......:smile2:

Thanks again bro for the good times, one of these days I'm gonna catch a fish on the River. Until then I may just have to go to Truman.

3. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    Welcome to the BOC Bill and Tom. The Mo river at Lexington is a good part of the river to fish. I have caught some huge fish in that part of the river. The one in my avitar came from that part of the river. It weighed 81 lbs. Dont give up there get to know it and keep on fishing.
    Tom

4. swamplvr

swamplvr New Member

State:
    Western Mo
    Tom, Bill and I are stubborn enough or dumb enough to keep after it until we get something figured out. We have A LOT to learn about River fishing. Plan on taking a trip soon with just the GPS and the Lowrance to find some spots that may hold fish. Probably won't catch any but we sure has heck will put a pile of waypoints in.

5. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Welcome to the BOC Tom and Bill.

6. TheMadCatter

TheMadCatter New Member

State:
    missouri
    i believe there was supposed to be a meteor shower lastnight. probably would account for the falling stars. i have been finding most of the allright sized fish more towards the middle at night. people say they have only been on good ones during the day, and i cant get a daytime bite to happen for me. the idea i have been getting is that they are holding deeper areas at night and shallower during the day....i know, its totally backwards!

7. Rollinunknown

Rollinunknown New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Missouri
    i think there was a 4 inch rise last night thats why the trash was around but yeah... that sucks man keep ur head up:wink:

8. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    Don't feel lonely, Eric and I were out all night and couldn't manage a fish, either.

It was a nice night for it, though, and the shooting stars did give me something to look at besides unmoving fishing rods:smile2:

9. Seth

Seth Active Member

State:
    Owensville, MO
    So the rumors are true that even you don't catch a pig every trip out. I was starting to think that was an urban legend. :smile2:

10. ShotgunBill

ShotgunBill New Member

State:
    Missouri
    We caught little fish last night and they were small but healthy, and they were all returned. The meteor shower were better early last night.

11. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    :smile2: I don't use the database I built nearly as much as I should, but you can figure for every post I put on here wiht a good fish there's probably a solid 48 hours on the water with no excitement at all:wink:

I usually fish from around 7PM to 7AM (later in the morning if it's a weekend and a cool morning) and I typically fish Friday and Saturday nights. So there's 24 hours a weekend. I usually make it out a couple of nights during the week as well so I'm up to 48 hours in a typical summer week. It's not unheard of for me to spend 60 hours in a week on the water if I can swing it between the wife and work, so you can see why I say I'm not that good at it, I just wait them out.:smile2:

I think my "best" streak was 10 out of 12 nights for probably 90 hours on the water in that 12 day period - I came in early on some trips. I spend more time just getting skunked in a summer than a lot of guys spend on the water all together:smile2:

12. swamplvr

swamplvr New Member

State:
    Western Mo
    BKS thanks for the encouragement:smile2: Time is one thing I have a bunch of and use as much as possible fishing. Putting the rod rack back onto my boat today. The wife was generous enough to tell me I could head down to Truman next Mon and Tues. I hope the hybrids and blues will be biting.

13. Chris Baker

Chris Baker New Member

State:
    Missouri
    That is exactly what it takes Branden, TIME. I wish I had that much time to fish and the wife actually still refer to me as husband. Fishing for big fish is exactly that, fishing. One thing about it, when you do get one to bite all the hours sitting are worth it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

14. wayne1967

wayne1967 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Don't know how the Missouri has been this year but down here the Mississippi has been in high forever. Just now staying steady in the teens. It was good for the spawn though I suppose.

15. ShotgunBill

ShotgunBill New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I am going to hit the river too night and try it again. The WIFE says OK and we all know that you gotta go until they change their MOOD. But really she does not mind as much as chasing women or setting in a bar so I call it a WIN:wink:

16. swamplvr

swamplvr New Member

State:
    Western Mo
    come by and get my card Bill and head to the lake to drift you won't be upset.

17. IBEW_124_BROTHER

IBEW_124_BROTHER New Member

State:
    MO
    If you run up river look out for bouys!! There is one a couple miles above the ramp right in the channel. Big green SOB allmost ate it several times before getting a gps and putting a big skull and cross bones on it!

18. micus

micus New Member

State:
    Lake St. L
    Wasn't much for size, but caught a couple of flatheads finally after a week of mostly small channels & blues.

19. ShotgunBill

ShotgunBill New Member

State:
    Missouri
    We caught a few small ones, but at least we could tell when they were on and were putting some bend on the rods. Then caught a twelve pound gar on cut bait. I released him unharmed to get on all you fellow brothers baits.CPR for the GAR.:big_smile: