All right, superstitions, fess up!

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by BKS72, Sep 10, 2007.

1. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    You guys might have noticed that almost every picture of me I post I have one these ratty camoflage shorts. They're my "lucky" shorts. I even wear them under my carharts when I fish in the winter.

We all know Cuz's fear of the yellow monkey-food.

What are you're guys' fishin' supersitions? Just want to make sure I'm not crazy (or at least no crazier than the rest of this bunch:wink:) with my utterly illogical belief that my ratty shorts somehow affect my fishing. Good Luck!

Branden

2. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    :smile2::smile2::smile2:

Well Branden, I thought it was my "CAT DADDY" ballcap but I have caught some pigs with and without it.

Maybe it's something else. I'll have to figure out what I DON'T have with me those times I get skunked.

That will narrow it down. YUP! Oughta do it. Thanks Branden.:smile2:

3. JAinSC

JAinSC Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Once I am lucky enough to catch a fish, I have to put the scale, camera, and tape measure away. I clean all that stuff and wrap them up and put them back where they belong. No way another fish will bite with that stuff out in the open.

4. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    By the way Mr Branden, do you remember loading the kids Capri-Suns into the rig yesterday morning?

On each and every little drink is plastered the flavor
    STRAWBERRY-BANANA

NO wonders we got skunked. Dang. Cant believe I was sooooo stupid. Geeeez. HOW is it possible we didnt notice THAT. Good thing I didnt. Those kids would have gotten real thirsty. :wink:

5. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Now CUZ, that for sure was one downright amateur mistake. I am ashamed you would overlook such an obvious introduction of nanners onto the CUZ CRAFT.

The UTTER HORROR of it all. We all know the younguns spill their drinks.

There now most assuredly is a sticky, gooey NANNER cesspool somewhere in your bilge that will grow like the BLOB. Somebody stop it!

I will assist in the 'cleansing' ritual but it has to be done at the Cuz honeyhole with darryl1 onboard. Sorry but that is how it is written. (Plus, I am the one making it up).:smile:

6. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO

Fair Enough!!!!! For now, the pressure washer is trying to wash away the demons. :crazy:

7. Vince Copple

Vince Copple New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Thanks Branden... For once, I wasnt blamed for it all.. :smile2::smile2:

8. squirtspop

squirtspop New Member

State:
    Glencoe, Arkansas
    Superstitions? Never throw the first fish caught back no matter what kind or how small until you get ready to leave. Something my pappy always said and I guess it stuck.

9. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    GEEEEEEZ! Sorry cuz, I didn't even look at the box, I was in a hurry and just dumped them in the cooler. I think Mrs. Cuz was trying to end the Sunday outing early, first she offers me and the kid 'nanners with breakfast and then the drinks....:smile2:

10. Vince Copple

Vince Copple New Member

State:
    Missouri
    The Cuz Family has Nanners for breakfast then gets all over me for just having nanner flavored rolaids in the boat??? Something is wrong with this picture!

11. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Nanners for breakfast is fine. Just cant have em in the boat.

12. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    For some reason I always release the first fish of the new year. in a way, I guess I hope that he goes back to his friends to let em know Im "ok" & they'll live if caught. But little do they know I have a vacuum sealer and a smoker at home.

13. slider

slider New Member

State:
    louisiana, mo
    new dip nets is my problem a friend lost my favorite dip net and i had to buy anew one didnt catch a fish over ten pounds until that thing blew out of the boat going down the river didnt even turnaround to go look for it

14. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Thats funny as all I wear are cut off BDU's.