All Ohio fishermen, please read

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by flathunter, Jun 13, 2009.

1. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    With the increasing ammount of illegal activity on our water, see the maumee river post, in the Ohio river section.

My Buddy Roger said something we all should do.

WE are the eyes and ears of law enfocement, with only one game warden per county it's up to us to have a fast responce to illegal activity..If you wait till you get home and look up a number to call it's probablly to late.

WE NEED TO HAVE THE FOLLOWING NUMBERS IN OUR CELL PHONES.

Your local game warden.

Your local sheriffs department.

1-800-poacher, is good but you probably will get a recorded message, which wont be fast enough.

We need to get law enforcement there pronto, to catch people in the act.

2. TheRiverRat

TheRiverRat New Member

State:
    Hamilton,Ohio
    im putting them in my cell now...good plan.................RAT

3. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Call the cops using 911. Who says you have to Call only DNR (which won't show up anyway) DNR WILL show up when called by the sheriff department I bet!

Check this possibility out and be creative with the Idea enough to get immediate attention from the cops when you see poaching etc.
    Know what the laws are and have them with you. Remember who pays the cops salary,,, Cops are authorities but they are also OUR employees... don't forget this. ALSO:

The US FWS Professional Responsibility Unit (PRU) maintains a hotline to facilitate the reporting of allegations of misconduct, fraud, waste, abuse, and/or mismanagement in the U.S. Fish and Wildlife (FWS) programs or operations within the Office of Law Enforcement.

The IG Act and other pertinent laws provide for the protection of persons making Hotline complaints.
    Telephone - FWS Hotline's Number: (703) 358-2087

Individuals who contact the Hotline are not required to identify themselves. However, persons who report allegations are encouraged to identify themselves in the event additional questions arise as the OIG evaluates their allegations. Allegations with limited details or merit may be held in abeyance until further, specific details are reported or obtained. Pursuant to the Inspector General Act of 1978, the Inspector General will not disclose the identity of an individual who provides information without the consent of that individual, unless the Inspector General determines that such disclosure is unavoidable during the course of an investigation.

4. HRCats

HRCats New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Put them in this morning!! Only problem is most places around where i live there is no cell service. :embarassed: Electric was just ran through last year.

5. Lignum

Lignum New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    I have had that number for a while now, good tip to get the message out though.:big_smile:

6. Dirtdobber

Dirtdobber Guest Staff Member

State:
    Vian Okla
    Way to go guys. Everybody in ever state should have their own law enforcement numbers in their phones. I'm going to put mine in now.

7. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I don't know why I never did it before! Thanks for the reminder.:big_smile:

8. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    One thing I have tried in this area where I live is called the sheriffs department. In return they told me they had no authority on the matter an I was to contact our local game warden. Well low an behold I called an got an answering service so it seems like its a no win situation unless someone knows a bit more about how to reach them asap.

9. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    can't imagine that. a law is a law.and a law enforcement officer if any kind are there to enforce them.... that was like a game warden saying they have no authority to arrest someone for beating the crap out of a poacher. Or being in possession of drugs.... BS.
    A sherrif can detain someone long enough for a gamewarden to arrive who is versed in that area of law. Ever heard of a citizens arrest? You can do that too... say that is what you are doing when you call the sheriff, They have to come... no choice. Read the law on a citizen arrest tough to be sure to stay out of trouble yourself.

10. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Yeah' just get out there and do your best Gomer Pyle imitation!
    cit a zens ah ray ust, cit a zens ah ray ust! lmao:crazy::eek:oooh: :smile2::smile2::smile2:

11. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    That goes real good with your avatar LMAO... if your a wuss and ya ain't got the balls for it.... ya ain't gonna consider it anyway.
    And if your stupid about it, you may just get the crap beat out of ya.
    I won't watch a man hit a lady or someone abuse an animal or even someone steal my car or fish... you do what you want.

12. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    here's my final take on the folks that are banding together to defend a take want you want because it's free attitude- it makes them feel better about their own guttenous behavior. NONE of them have a clue to what hurts a fishery, neither do they give a crap so long as they're the ones getting to do the hurting. It reminds me of those teenaged kids who go around the neigborhood in different costumes 3 or 4 times during halloween night... it's pathetic- And pisses off anyone whos parents taught them better than that.

13. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Are you sure your posting on the right thread Bill? This ones about adding important numbers to your cell phone not trick or treat. And if you cant see a little humor in my Gomer comment then you definitely need a chill pill....:eek:oooh::wink::big_smile:

14. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I did! I said "LMAO"
    This thread and the link in it is basically about folks killing the Ohio fishery and ideas of what to do about it. My post was my best amature Psycological insight (lol) on why I think folks do it.... parents never done very well at teaching them that greed was wrong. I'll add to that and suggest the problem stretches into all areas of their lives and not just fishing. Maybe a litte off the topic, but not too far. I'm pretty sure flathunter won't mind.

15. Frankie B

Frankie B Guest

bill chill out man!!! every post your in get heated. why do you think that is? the only thing I see you talk positive about is CPR...

16. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    You don't get around much do ya frankie?:roll_eyes:
    I have noticed your an eat 'em if ya got 'em guy though.
    Just put me on your ignore list if you don't like CPR bud:wink:

17. IamMike

IamMike New Member

State:
    Ohio (near cincy)
    Does anyone have a link to the thread mentioned by the original poster?

18. Frankie B

Frankie B Guest

na I won't iggy anyone because everybody has something to say.....point being all CPR guys try to "educate" the no CPR guys.......just drop it!!!! I don't write posts saying "ohh that fish should have been harvested and not released" your closed minded and truly only see what you wanna.... like I said you need to chill :cool2:

19. Frankie B

Frankie B Guest

we are way off topic so I'm gonna start a new post....bill see ya there:smile2:

20. fredrick

fredrick New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Since we all carry a camera to cpr a few pictures plus a license number will go a long way to helping the law.