All nighter this Friday night

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by Bill in SC, Oct 2, 2008.

1. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Me and Big Bird are going to pull an all nighter this Friday night on the Big Pee Dee. Still haven't decided if we are going to put in at Society Hill or Blues. According to the river chart, the water is going to be kinda low, which should concentrate the fish in certain "special" spots. :big_smile: With the cooler temperatures, the water temp should be in the mid 60s. I am eagerly anticipating a successful trip!
    Bill in SC

2. BigBird

BigBird New Member

State:
    Charlotte, NC
    Here Kitty Kitty!

3. stumpjumper

stumpjumper New Member

State:
    Dallas, GA
    Bill, sounds exciting! Good luck.

4. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Bill and Lindsay good luck and I hope yall get each a new PB and some new avatars.:big_smile: I will be working so catch 1 for me. I think I may try the river monday.

5. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    According to the projection chart, the river is supposed to fall three feet in about twelve hours, and then go back up about three feet the next twelve. It is tougher to catch them when the river falls and rises so fast. We'll do what we can.
    BB in SC

6. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    If there hungry they will bite.:big_smile:

7. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    I made an error. I re-checked the chart, and it will be on a 12 hour rise. We should be ok.
    BB in SC

8. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Well, they weren't hungry! :sad2: We fished ALL night and got one bite, resulting in one 16 pound blue. Water temp was still hovering around 70 degrees. Big Bird and I had a great (cool) time, nonetheless. I was so discouraged with the bite that I dumped 15 or 20 of my live baits in the river when we left, instead of bringing them home. I will NOT be fishin' anymore until the water temp falls, and the bite turns back on. I have LOTS of catchin' up to do here around the house anyhow.
    Bill in SC

Attached Files:

9. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    Bill, Don't ever give up my friend! You'll be rewarded for your time.:big_smile: It could simply be daytime instead of an all nighter!:big_smile: change is the name of the game!:big_smile: You gotta try shallow verses deep and day verses night.:wink:

10. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    The fall is the most productive fishing time of the year but you wont neccesarrily catch your fish in the same area that they have been with the higher water temps. If you can find them they will be stacked up together especially he flatheads. Dont give up or get discouraged you wnt get them everytime. Kepp at them and fiqure out the fall pattern.

11. BigBird

BigBird New Member

State:
    Charlotte, NC
    It was a very still eery night. Usually there is alot of activity in the woods. We only saw two beavers and heard two owls but otherwise a very still night. It was cold and foggy and the dew/fog made everything wet. I told Bill I would have paid $5 for a cup of coffee about 3am.
    Great time fishing on the river but not the catchin.
    Bill the picture looks cool with the fog in the background.
    Lindsay

12. Flattiestalker

Flattiestalker New Member

State:
    Indiana
    LOL Bill, You reminded me of me on that post.... you just flat threw a tantrum... :smile2:

13. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Flattiestalker, you remind me of a feller we used to have here named drpepper. Haven't seen him around lately. Hope he gets back real soon. He's from Indiana too. Real cool dude!

<you just flat threw a tantrum... :smile2:>

Yeah, I feel bad about it now. Instead of wasting my time whining and anguishing over it, I should have been utilizing my time figuring out a solution. I have some ideas to try now. :wink:
    BB in SC

14. Flattiestalker

Flattiestalker New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Hmmm, that drpepper dude is nuts.I know him real well:eek:oooh: lmbo
    Anyway brother, I sure know how you felt, I don't know how many times in the last month I said; @#*#!!! I'm hangin' up my rods for the year... I just now got home from the river!