All is well the ends well....2 new personal bests

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by bigblaze, Aug 20, 2007.

1. bigblaze

bigblaze New Member

State:
    NC
    armed with some new advice from a fellow member...who shall remain nameless:wink:...we headed to the neuse creek whoops!! I mean the neuse river...just looks like a creek this time of year....

well we almost get to the ramp when soupman's truck dies on us....this day is not starting very good...earlier in the afternoon i searched all the local bait shops looking for eels with no avail....

we decided to push the truck and the trailer down to the ramp and off the highway... he would call his wife to come pick him up to get his other truck come back and hook up the trailer up to the other truck and launch....unfourtunaltely his wife was not going to be able to get there for a couple hours....

we opted for Plan B. we called my brother-in-law (bronco 67) to come with his truck to help us launch....he came and with several yanks from his ford f-250 we had the soupman's dodge and the trailer in position to launch the boat... ok, boats in the water....oops forgot the plug and back strap....pull it back out....

ok it's in the water now....my sister in law will take soupman back home to get his truck while bronco 67 his son and I fish for bluegills...

finally we get in the water and end up down stream about 4 miles from where we launched...well about 9:30 pm. soupman's rod starts bouncing and we are off to the races 15 minutes later were landing his new personal best of 32lbs....

Next my rod bounces and i am thinking my turn....wrong mine was a freaking 40 pound plus snapping turtle who was not real happy about having a 7/0 gami. circle hook in him...we got him released with out loosing any fingers......heading back up river soupman continued to wear out the flatheads and channels....

finally I got my turn...at 2:00 am. my rod started bouncing and it was on....it took me about 20 minutes to land my new personal best of 36 lbs.

we continued up river and capped the trip off with a couple 20 plus pound flatheads and some nice channels right before the sun came up....

we caught over a 150 lbs. of catfish on alive and dead bream the biggest were on dead bream....and...ALL FISH WERE CPR'D!!!!

A special thanks to the member who gave me the tip...we didn't catch any out of the spot he spoke of but he definitely pointed us in the right direction....thanks...:smile2:

Attached Files:

2. jlingle

jlingle New Member

State:
    Altus, Okl
    Sweet report, thanks a lot.

3. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Good job. Thanx for sharein the adventure. LOL!

4. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    Nice fish thanks for sharing.

5. greggofish

greggofish New Member

State:
    Holly Springs, NC
    I told you to stay out of my pond.......that's it.....no more chicken livers for you junior......

The Neuse is a big river........at least give us a county...........

time to get my special cane pole and live dip bait out to go after those overgrown tadpoles.

6. JAinSC

JAinSC Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Congratulations on a great night fishing!

7. SUNDROP

SUNDROP New Member

State:
    Washington
    yep thats a good night! Sorry it got off to such a shaky start.... At least the boat was running!:smile2:

I broke a throttle cable at the ramp a few weeks ago. Wife looks at me and says ok..I'll go get the truck.. I snatched the cable out from under the rail and cut the sheild off, clamped a pair of pliers on it and gave it a push.. Half throttle! That'll do! "Get back in the boat baby lets go fishin'!!!!"

8. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    Great report. Thanks for sharing. Congrats of the PBs.

9. joe0580

joe0580 New Member

State:
    north carolina
    cool glad you got some nice fish need to hook up and fish with you guys soon. thinking of comeing up there when it cools some or we get some rain. let me know something. but nice cats

10. bigblaze

bigblaze New Member

State:
    NC
    I cant share all my scretes....:wink:

I will give you a few clues...and you can probably figure it out...

clue # 1 is in the post...we had to push the truck off the HIGHWAY...and through the parking lot...we had to watch out for the giant ruts before we got to the ramp...

clue #2 we stopped in a deep hole after the s turns...

and clue#3. i live in clayton... :big_smile:

11. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    sounds like you have plenty of fish to go around!! :big_smile:

12. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    That's awesome! Congrats man.:big_smile:

13. BILLYP

BILLYP New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, North Carol
    Thats awsome 2 pb in one night in the creek, good post.

14. crankbait77

crankbait77 New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Your story sounds alot like my visit to Plymouth this past spring for stiper's. Nice fish!

15. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Congratulations on the two new PB's. A lot of people would have given up and just said it's just isn't meant to be for us to fish tonight lol. Being determined and sticking to the game plan payed off.

16. Timber Cat

Timber Cat New Member

State:
    Penderlea NC
    Congrats! Those are some really nice cats.

17. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    John, that stretch of creek has alot of memories.
    You just scraped the surface but a good night indeed.
    We'll get you in the 50 pound class in no time.
    Have you got chest waders?:eek:oooh:

18. hoghandlernc1

hoghandlernc1 New Member

State:
    NC
    Congrats on your 2 PB's. Im kinda new to the area but it sounds like your talkin about the Neuse around 301 in Smithfield. It sucks for me b/c my boat is "under the weather" right now so Im only limited to bank fishing. If anyone has any good areas to bank fish the Neuse now, I would be greatly appreciative.

19. hoghandlernc1

hoghandlernc1 New Member

State:
    NC
    Hey BigBlaze, tried to PM u about a boat, but I need 10 posts..... I need a boat!!!!

20. yadkinrivercats

yadkinrivercats Member

State:
    mocksville,n.c.
    nice fish thanks for the pics